The Modlist Thread

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:16 am

GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:15 pm

I've decided its time to take down my Darwinia Mod site. Should i hand it over to someone ? Is it even worth offering it for such a simple page design ? Do you think i should leave it where it is ? Does anyone even care any more ?

My reasons are many. No new mods, my interest is gone, i need my webspace.

Comments anyone ?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 pm

If no one else takes I can can host it. just send the entire site across in a zip or a rar to my email and I'll see about hosting it. Does the modlist site host any actual files (yes, if I remember correctly) If so that's fine but can you send them along too please :)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:48 pm

How big is it in total? I could probably throw it up on stellarmatter, I'm not currently doing anything else with it, really.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Trickfred would probably be better hosting this, just due to the sites i've seen in the past and him actually owning the few mods i never hosted. This link > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hitt.man/darwinia/ has the site archived with a 18mb rar of all the mods i hosted.
My rule was to host any mod smaller than 2mb (which only excluded 1 of xanders mods) and Trickfreds own mods were only linked to by request.

Please do let me know who hosts, when and where so i can take a peek. Cheers.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:03 pm

It's all yours if you want it trickfred
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 pm

The links are all wrong in the index, they're both hardcoded to get them from your site, and the file names are not the same as what's linked to. More work than I was planning on doing, was hoping to just dump them in a directory and fuggetabouddem. Will fix soon.

http://stellarmatter.net/modlist/

Edit: Haha, I haven't logged in to the site in so long, I can't remember my damn password to link it on the front page. hehe

Soon as I remember, I'll link it.

Edit2: I'm not claiming exclusivity on them, put them up too if you want, martin. Mirrors aren't a bad thing, and in fact would be in the spirit of the original page, to keep stuff from disappearing into the aether, n'est-ce pas?.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 pm

I clicked a few links to downloads, and all gave me a "save file as" window. So... seems to look and work just fine.
And you're right, mirrors is good. I doubt there'll be many changes to whats available any time soon.
I do have 1 more mod that i never listed though, called Commiewinia by TGF.
Available if required.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:54 am

hitm4n wrote:I clicked a few links to downloads, and all gave me a "save file as" window. So... seems to look and work just fine.
And you're right, mirrors is good. I doubt there'll be many changes to whats available any time soon.
I do have 1 more mod that i never listed though, called Commiewinia by TGF.
Available if required.

That's because I fixed them all. :D

No worries, it's all good, and I'll add a note tomorrow about forwarding new submissions or whatever to me if so desired. And if anyone else puts up a mirror, I'll link them too.
Lexx87
level0

Postby Lexx87 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:27 am

Bit of a shame that the mod list is down and doesn't work after getting the PC version :(
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 pm

http://stellarmatter.net/modlist/

I actually had to check to see if it still worked before posting the link, I kinda haven't done anything with that particular webspace in ages.

Am I the only one mirroring this stuff anymore?
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Think you might have been the only one mirroring it anyway. Do you plan to continue hosting the page?

I'm still around, still check up on things every once in a while, and keep seeing new people come along who are interested in modding, but have still to this day not seen a new mod since i gave the site up. I think i passed it on at the right time...
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm

For now, but probably not forever.

--

Nuke'd.
DrazharLn
level0

Postby DrazharLn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm

All the links to the modlist I've tried here are broken. If anyone has an active copy of that website, I would be interested in getting hold of it.

I think the files should be hosted on these forums and perhaps also mirrored on another page, that way if another website dies, they'll still be available.

I can provide hosting at an academic institution and at my personal page, both of which won't be going away for a while.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 am

My files for The Particles Within are still good.

http://www.crimsonsun.cc/The_Particles_Within_0.15.rar

Return to “Mod Projects”