The deserts [beta testing stage V0.9] testers required.

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:53 pm

Well I'm thinking of dropping FTP and the scripts are under construction. The levels are square because they were built as tempoaray levels or maintaence levels a long time ago, they aren't meant to look like 'natural' darwinian landscape. Levels are big because I like that :)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:06 pm

martin wrote:Well I'm thinking of dropping FTP and the scripts are under construction. The levels are square because they were built as tempoaray levels or maintaence levels a long time ago, they aren't meant to look like 'natural' darwinian landscape. Levels are big because I like that :)

Perhaps, rather than decreasing the size of the levels, you could up the cell size? This would leave the levels basically the same, but decrease the number of polygons used. It does you no good to create a huge level with carefully crafted landscape if everyone who plays it is forced to click on "I need to upgrade" just to play it.

So, maybe up the cell size, and see how it looks.

xander
Volumunox
level1
level1

Postby Volumunox » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:52 pm

thats true.

And since some of the landscapes don't have that big a difference in the terrain that its eigther up or down then it could be quite high and still look the same
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:15 am

I've been playing through some of the levels rather than merely pointing out bits that look wrong to me. Oddest thing, I cant get a squaddie to enter half the radars. Its not the ones that are on the wrong team, I havent even tried those, but when they get to, say, the first radar in valley, they just bounce off it.

This is on i need to upgrade and low detail. Havent tried high detail. Because I get 12 FPS.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:08 am

Weird, dosen't happen for me.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Mod Projects”