Darwinia: ArcadeRemix [v1.1]

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:12 am

You know, it does look like its working in IE. Which tells me someone, somewhere, is breaking standards. That or some internet hardware somewhere just got fixed.

34%, 2.5Mb, I dont think any of my previous attempts got anywhere near this far.
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:14 am

Or not. Damn.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:15 am

I sent you a PM with a link. Try it out. Let me know if it works.

Edit: to comment below: That mirror link is fine; I meant a direct link to files on my own webserver. If I get more complaints about the anti-leech causing problems on the site, I'll find another solution.
Last edited by trickfred on Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:26 am

Actualy, you posted that link in this thread, so if you dont want it in the public domain, you'd best remove it.
redcords
level1
level1

Postby redcords » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:05 pm

trickfred wrote:First off, you're the first person to relay to me that they've had a problem. If I myself had an issue with downloading anything, or knew there was a problem, I'd either fix it or leave a note on the site saying as much, as a 'heads up' for people.

i also had the same problem but hadn't said anything. was going to play the later version but had the download drop out 3-4 times. so i tried it in download mage (a nice lightweight resumer), got the anti leech message and gave up.

not complaining, these things happen. i'll grab it from filefront.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:44 pm

Script's been removed, until I can figure something out that will work as intended. All download links are direct.

Edit: I may have fixed it. Could someone having dial-up isues with arcaderemix try this link and tell me if it times out or not? I've changed a few things...

Edit: removed link - files have been moved around
Last edited by trickfred on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:39 pm

Sure, Ill test it.

/me queries the wisdom of putting a direct link on a forum when you wish to test an anti-leeching script.

Ill report back at approximately 11:00 GMT, when my evil boss should let me out of work. I wouldnt mind (much) working two hours longer than I should be, but this is supposed to be my day off.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:07 pm

It's not a direct link, it's a link to the downloading script. You'll have to visit the site to test it though, as the script makes sure you're visiting the site before it lets you download it. Thanks for the help testing it; I'd do it myself, but I just don't have a dial-up modem kicking around here anywhere (which is odd, because I have enough other parts to build at least 2 more comps).

I'm pretty sure it'll work now, so I put the script back up on the site. If it doesn't work, well, there's the mirror site now, and I've also added a 'lite' version of the mod, with the extra Dma-Sc tracks stripped out, clocking in at 1.7 MB or so. Lots of options.

*I don't really recommend the 'lite' version simply because the default game music will certainly change the mood for the mod, because it's just so slow and mellow. Good music, just... not what I was going for.
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Whatever you did to that script, it downloaded succesfully.

Now at least I can rest easy knowing that no matter how big EW3 becomes, I will be able to download it first time. Not that I want to hassle you about getting EW3 ready ASAP or anything.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:22 pm

Heh.

I'm working on it. :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:33 pm

andrewas wrote:Whatever you did to that script, it downloaded succesfully.

Now at least I can rest easy knowing that no matter how big EW3 becomes, I will be able to download it first time. Not that I want to hassle you about getting EW3 ready ASAP or anything.

I, on the other hand, have no such compunction:

trickfred, when the hell is EW3 gonna come out?
And don't you dare bring up my über-secret mod of doom. It will be done when it is done ^_^

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Ba-dump-bump.

New version's up, stellarmatter's back up on a hew host - one I actually had to pay for this time. Ugh. Hopefully the up/downage problems are all done.

Return to “Mod Projects”