this is my new 4 level campaign

I hpe you like!

http://www.sendmefile.com/00002632

i am trying to get in on thenextgame aswell
jaysc
level4
level4

Postby jaysc » Mon May 23, 2005 9:07 pm

i think there is something wrong with level 2 (unfinish). I finsh the first level but i can't enter the second and i don't think there are any viril on that level.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon May 23, 2005 10:08 pm

Indeed, you forgot to make those locations available. There are two ways that you can do this:

1) When you run the script that is meant to be run at the end of a level, you need a line like this somewhere in that script:

Code: Select all

SetMission  [MapName]  [MissionFile]

2) ...or, in the 'game.txt' file, lines like these:

Code: Select all

Event [whatever the trigger is]
     Action SetMission [MapName] [MissionFile]
     End

If you have already finished the first level, decrypt your saved 'game.txt' file, and change the availability of the missions, and the mission files that they use.

EDIT: In the level 'Unfinished', the safe area needs to be set to team 0 (green). Otherwise, it will not count green DGs. Also, this SafeArea and the trunkport need to be global, and the trunkport needs to be connected to something.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue May 24, 2005 1:57 am

...Am I imagining things, or did you include the readme file from Enemy Within part one with your mod? :lol:

And version 1.0 to boot. 1.1 is out, you should get that, it's loads better. :D

Edit: You also need to make sure there is at least one blank line at the end of all your scripts, or they won't work properly when called on.
th3 ru13r
level1
level1

Postby th3 ru13r » Tue May 24, 2005 4:44 pm

oops sorry

im fixing them now

its good honest
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue May 24, 2005 8:47 pm

th3 ru13r wrote:oops sorry

im fixing them now

its good honest

The global things that were not global may be an effect of the Mac edtor. Upon reviewing your mission, map, and game files, it looks mostly right. The mod is fun, and you have done good work. Don't let my complaining get you down. ^_^

xander
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:45 am

Did anyone fix this mod up and make it playable ? I am having the same problem accessing level 2 and modding is not my thing. Darwinia actually crashes when i exit with this mod loaded.

Can someone implement the above fixes so that each level is accessible (and the greens are counted) and email it to me or offer a link here. I will place it in my webspace, add a link in this thread and also in my "modlist" thread. Its a nice mod judging by level 1.

my email is

hitt DOT man AT ntlworld DOT com

maybe you Xander ? :)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:34 am

I guess I'll do it, I already know how to fix most of the problems anyway

Give this a whirl

There's a complete list of changes I made included as Readme_TGF.txt
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:19 pm

Excellent stuff. Installed just now and about to play. I did a file compare and i see 1 other thing you did, which i thought was a silly oversight on the authors part. All those damn "thumbs.db" files left in, you removed loads of them but not quite all... so i deleted the last 2 or so. I'll give it a quick play then add it to the "modlist" thread again, marked as tgfedit and i'll leave the original too... ok ? Do you think i should offer both or just the fixed one ? Is the original author still around ??
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:38 pm

I'm sure he, as was I, was more concerned with the actual mod content than rogue thumbs.db files floating around. I use 64k clusters cause I'm crazy, and they don't bother me.

Anyway, give us a poke if there's any game stopping discontinuety or further crashing.

(I also made it AAA complient if you get stuck or want to test etc)
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!

Return to “Mod Projects”