Darwinia: Enemy Within [Parts 1, 2, and 3...]

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Montyphy wrote:In firefox it shows it as a text editor would.

So that would mean it's a text file, right? Not a binary or an .exe?

You're almost there, even though the prize is already gone. You will get a virtual cookie though, you big teddy bear. :D
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:12 pm

trickfred wrote:So that would mean it's a text file, right? Not a binary or an .exe?

Just realised I misread what you wrote about binary in your previous post. :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
IRONCLADSHADE
level1
level1

Re: What?!?!?

Postby IRONCLADSHADE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:19 pm

martin wrote:You what? you haven't started number2 yet? OMG!

Anyway, I had a lttle problem on the backdoor. I couldn't get my squads up the hill at the start of the level, I had to edit it to get up the hill by moving the control tower a bit.

yeah, i had a similiar problem in the same area. the surface on the level is too steep to get a squad through. and the virii are too numerous to use the engineer decoy trick(if theat was intended for the second level, kudos for originallity).
your ad here for only 19.99 a month(some restrictions may apply(i.e. this is completely fake)
trickfred
level5
level5

Re: What?!?!?

Postby trickfred » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:16 pm

IRONCLADSHADE wrote:
martin wrote:You what? you haven't started number2 yet? OMG!

Anyway, I had a lttle problem on the backdoor. I couldn't get my squads up the hill at the start of the level, I had to edit it to get up the hill by moving the control tower a bit.

yeah, i had a similiar problem in the same area. the surface on the level is too steep to get a squad through. and the virii are too numerous to use the engineer decoy trick(if theat was intended for the second level, kudos for originallity).

Screenshot marking the area, please.

And what landscape level are you playing on? I design on the highest, and rarely insure compatibility with lower levels. Later chapters (especially Part 3) don't/won't play on ancient abacuses.
IRONCLADSHADE
level1
level1

Postby IRONCLADSHADE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:35 pm

ok... im definately screwed then. anyways, nice job. i guess ill have to see if i can put landscape on max without side effects.
your ad here for only 19.99 a month(some restrictions may apply(i.e. this is completely fake)
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:37 pm

IRONCLADSHADE wrote:ok... im definitely screwed then. anyways, nice job. i guess ill have to see if i can put landscape on max without side effects.

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to take a look at it - again, what landscape level are you using?
IRONCLADSHADE
level1
level1

Postby IRONCLADSHADE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:38 pm

i usually run everything on min. just to be safe. the only time i max something is if i need a doppleganger.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:53 pm

So... I just looked at Backdoor in 'I need to upgrade', and the CT is on the hill, and not halfway down it, like you made it out to sound. What version of Part 1 are you playing? The most recent is v1.43 (I made a lot of mistakes, it was my first mod after all).

And again, a screenshot would be helpful.
IRONCLADSHADE
level1
level1

Postby IRONCLADSHADE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:14 pm

okay, i fixed it. max showes no negative consequinces, and works much better. how do you put a non url image in?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:47 pm

IRONCLADSHADE wrote:okay, i fixed it. max showes no negative consequinces, and works much better. how do you put a non url image in?

You don't. Host your image somewhere, then link to it. Imageshack will get the job done, I would imagine.

xander
IRONCLADSHADE
level1
level1

Postby IRONCLADSHADE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:13 pm

Okay, I loaded the darwinia files onto Photobucket.
Here's what the second island problem area looks like :Image
and the problem area for the first island(the horseshoe bend around the message): Image
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:05 pm

I'll see what I can do - maybe adding a few flattened areas will fix it.

Edit: If I put in flattened areas, it makes it look like crap on the High setting... Hmmm...

*back to the drawing board*
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:15 pm

I' haven't seen anything in this thread about crashes in EW 3, so I thought I'd mention it.
I'm in the Backdoor level, near the 3rd dish, and the game keeps crashing, not even leaving a blackbox behind...
The weirdest thing, is that it seems that no matter what I do, a few seconds after loading the level from the worldmap, the game crashes...

I'm playing version 1.02 of EW 3, over version 1.42 of Darwinia, on Windows XP.

Here's my profile, if it helps: PhelanEWpart3.zip

Despite my problem, I really like this mod. The first two(Contagion part 1, and thedeserts, I think) I tried didn't quite work, so I gave up at the time...Now that I tried again, I'm glad I did.
I'm liking the story so far, and I really like the corruption theme that you put on the textures to go with it, although from what I read, I appear to have taken the hardest road. :( Nice work, trickfred! :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:22 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Despite my problem, I really like this mod. The first two(Contagion part 1, and thedeserts, I think) I tried didn't quite work, so I gave up at the time...Now that I tried again, I'm glad I did.
I'm liking the story so far, and I really like the corruption theme that you put on the textures to go with it, although from what I read, I appear to have taken the hardest road. :( Nice work, trickfred! :D

Cantagion part 1 and The Deserts are part of martin's "The Big Mod." The first two parts of Enemy Within are Enemy Within 1 and Enemy Within 2.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:35 am

xander wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:Despite my problem, I really like this mod. The first two(Contagion part 1, and thedeserts, I think) I tried didn't quite work, so I gave up at the time...Now that I tried again, I'm glad I did.

Cantagion part 1 and The Deserts are part of martin's "The Big Mod." The first two parts of Enemy Within are Enemy Within 1 and Enemy Within 2.

xander

Easy to make that mistake though, since martin tried to steal my plot. ;D

Return to “Mod Projects”