Darwinia: Enemy Within [Parts 1, 2, and 3...]

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:41 am

I never tested compatibility past 1.42, because I was annoyed at the time that Vista was getting upgrades that the other versions weren't, and this far down the road, I just can't be bothered until Darwinia receives a proper patch across the board. I have no idea how it runs on whatever version it's up to now on Vista. Not that I could really test it anyways, I don't imagine I'll ever run Vista.

If you're playing 1.42 and/or not on Vista, then... that's damn peculiar. *shrug*

As for the other problem, go into the profile directory you used to play part 3, and delete the file in there with the same name as the last level (it escapes me right now), and restart the mod. You should just have to start the last level over, and not the whole mod.
striker7770
level0

Postby striker7770 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:19 am

ok, i believe that i am on 1.42

also, there have been two problems in general, that all mods seem to have problems
and it would be great

one, is there a save function, or a way to get to a futher level before its unlocked, because i had to quit once and about 15 large levels, and about 6 large levels never existed.

and for some reason, i cant initate any programs after a while, the engineer, the squad or anybody else just wont go on screen,
thanks
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:08 pm

The not being able to start programs after a while thing is a known bug in the game when you play for an awfully long time. Quit out properly (to save progress, which happens automatically, and as opposed to just using alt+f4), then restart the game, and it should fix that.

Also, make sure you're playing in a 'profile', or levels completed will not be saved between sessions. It's a good practice to always create a new profile after loading a mod, switching to it, then restarting the game with that profile selected.

Just woke up, so if my grammar seems a bit idiosyncratic, well, just had two kids jumping on my head, that's bound to cause some damage. :D
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:00 pm

trickfred wrote:As for the other problem, go into the profile directory you used to play part 3, and delete the file in there with the same name as the last level (it escapes me right now), and restart the mod. You should just have to start the last level over, and not the whole mod.
Tried that, didn't work.

And as for the profile thing - all I know is that the version now on Steam automatically creates profiles for mods (with the same name as the mods themselves). I did, however, create my own profile for the first two parts. In the third I forgot, and finished one level, and then when I went to create one I saw that one already existed and left it alone.

And yes, it did save.

Anyway, ignoring the part where I smeged myself and reuined the final battle - incredible mod.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 am

I'd like to add on to a rather large "BUMP" if you would...

Using the latest Darwinia 1.5.11, Windows 7.

EW1:
MP1138 - Crashes as soon as you activate the control tower.
Subsystem - Crashes as soon as you ENTER the level.

I'll try out EW2 in a bit.

Edit: Found out why it was crashing.

Trunkports are acting odd when activated... I'd check into this.
JTD121
level0

Postby JTD121 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Major Cooke wrote:I'd like to add on to a rather large "BUMP" if you would...

Using the latest Darwinia 1.5.11, Windows 7.

EW1:
MP1138 - Crashes as soon as you activate the control tower.
Subsystem - Crashes as soon as you ENTER the level.

I'll try out EW2 in a bit.

Edit: Found out why it was crashing.

Trunkports are acting odd when activated... I'd check into this.

Long time no see everybody! Same thing happens here with this mod. And it's very frustrating, it also doesn't like the profile created when you select the EW1 as the mod. Profile being 'EnemyWithinPart1'. I can't even get past the MP1138 level :(

Any ideas?
Descore
level0

Re: Darwinia: Enemy Within [Parts 1, 2, and 3...]

Postby Descore » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:18 am

All mirrors in OP are dead :(
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:10 pm

https://en.ds-servers.com/gf/darwinia/m ... my-within/

Here you go.

Keep in mind there's an error that will occur within one of the maps on Part 2. I don't remember which one but it can be fixed by opening the specific mission_*.txt text file, and deleting the "c" that was accidentally left in and causing Darwinia to crash.

Another thing to keep in mind, when faced with a choice in part 3, choose Emergency Backup first because the secret mission hub is always frontside bus. Sadly I don't think Trickfred is around anymore to maintain this.
Descore
level0

Postby Descore » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:05 pm

Major Cooke wrote:https://en.ds-servers.com/gf/darwinia/modifications/enemy-within/

Here you go.

Thanks, and also yes bumped into this and a few other issues when using latest Darwinia beta - it tends to crash during cutscenes, and the way to avoid that is to skip through the dialogue with Enter as fast as possible. Also after entering Backup, if you then leave again the map is not activated, and you can't reenter it, the only way I found to fix this was to decrypt game.txt and change the "Available" column for the map from 0 to 1 manually.

Well, I had no issues at all during Part 1 and Part 2, and this is a very nice mod, so I hope I can now finish Part 3 also without too much more manual interventions.
Descore
level0

Postby Descore » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:53 am

Done with the playthrough, hit a lot of snags during Part 3, mostly where the next mission would not be activated in game.txt, coupled with the game crashing during cut scenes. The final mission had zero enemies, so it was very easy to complete, I guess that's also a glitch. It would be nice to fix it and I may have a go if I can figure out what's going wrong, but so far Part 1 and 2 are perfectly playable while Part 3 is not.

Again this is a very high quality mod, I'd say on par with published campaign or even better, and also pushing the engine to do new things I didn't see in other mods yet, sadly that's probably also why it's failing to work with the latest version in Part 3.

Return to “Mod Projects”