level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:04 am

Cheater... lol just kidding i cheat too
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:39 am

skull13 wrote:YAY! i finished it (with a major amount of cheating on my part) YES! I used 30 squadies for the last level! Sick right? P.S is the third part gonna be for 1.2.2?

...Part 3 will use features from v1.3 and up, but I highly doubt that it will be out before the Mac 1.4x patch.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 pm

Could you make a different version which doesnt?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:50 pm

...Nope. Like I said, the Mac patch will be out before it's done, so there's no need anyways.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:56 pm

Looks like theres quite some compatability issues between darwinia-mac, windows, and linux to sort out...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:00 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Looks like theres quite some compatability issues between darwinia-mac, windows, and linux to sort out...

No... not exactly. There is simply the fact that the two or three most recent patches for the Mac version have not yet come out. Right now, Darwinia on Windows is version 1.4.2. Mac is stuck with 1.2.2, and Linux is 1.4.0 (?). The compatibility issues stem from the fact that there are features in the more recent versions that do not exist in the older versions.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:28 pm

xander wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:Looks like theres quite some compatability issues between darwinia-mac, windows, and linux to sort out...

No... not exactly. There is simply the fact that the two or three most recent patches for the Mac version have not yet come out. Right now, Darwinia on Windows is version 1.4.2. Mac is stuck with 1.2.2, and Linux is 1.4.0 (?). The compatibility issues stem from the fact that there are features in the more recent versions that do not exist in the older versions.

xander

...And Macs suck.

*ducks*

Actually, from what I've heard, Win games run better on the Intel-based Macs (With WinXP via BootCamp) then Mac games do. If they weren't three times the cost of what it takes me to put together a decent generic AMD PC, I'd probably get one. Add that to the list of things to get when I win the lottery, or that rich estranged relative that leaves everything to me in their will kicks the bucket.

To stay on topic, an update: I'm sitting on Part 2 v1.11, with a few changes, waiting to hear if there are any other issues with it that people would like adressed - if I don't hear anything in the next few days, I'll probably toss it online next week. No radical changes, just some polish and tightening. Hopefully it'll be the last time I'll have to edit Parts 1 & 2, new modding feature additions notwithstanding.

I have three (two and a half, really) levels left to finish designing (all three are started, just require some work), then scripting to make them all work together, and Part 3 will be playable from start to finish, albeit clunky and unpolished. I figure that'll take another week or two (three tops) at my current pace, and I'll ask one or two people willing to spoil the storyline for themselves to give it a runthrough. Im debating throwing in a third parallel storyline that was implied (from a certain point of view) in parts one and two, but I won't if I can't figure out a way for it to make perfect sense, and it doesn't take away from the current two.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:41 pm

trickfred wrote: I figure that'll take another week or two (three tops) at my current pace, and I'll ask one or two people willing to spoil the storyline for themselves to give it a runthrough.

I'd be willing to do it! Im all open for testing, since i got nothing better to do than get shouted at by someone again... lets not go there.. Im just open for testing. PM me if you want me to test.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:58 pm

Also, I was just curious, are there any new textures other than prometheus, the enemy virii, the cable snake, and other units?
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:01 pm

trickfred wrote:...And Macs suck.

* prophile gattling guns trickfred.

Notice this web page: http://www.apple.com/switch
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:07 pm

I think ill hide behind the blast wall while this happens.

I feel a little uncomfortable about asking, but could we get a status check(1), or is your reply going to be "It's done when it's done(2)"?

p.s. the (#) is what you could just reply to, like if your going to say number 2, thought i save you some time, so you could just reply: #2. thats just example though...
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:19 pm

...Should I just post hourly updates on stellarmatter.net? Will you stop bugging me then? :D

Out of ten possible levels (so far) (some largely playable, some scripted), eight are essentially done, minus some minor tweaking. One just requires a certain 'something" I just haven't quite identified yet. One I haven't even started yet (the possibly very last one, unless I think of another level idea).

Scripting linking levels is basically done, just working out the kinks - a bunch of files were corrupted a few days ago when the editor crashed (when I was placing an ant! WTF??), so I'm having to re-do some stuff, re-set SafeArea teams, etc... plus RealLife(TM) stuff.

I just did a 3-level-spanning cutscene this morning. Once I saw it running, all 3 parts together, with music, it almost brought a tear to my eye. *sniff*
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:32 pm

Major Cooke wrote:p.s. the (#) is what you could just reply to, like if your going to say number 2, thought i save you some time, so you could just reply: #2. thats just example though...

Yeah, I'm doing a number 2... but there doesn't seem to be any TP... could you please hand me a roll?

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:36 pm

xander wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:p.s. the (#) is what you could just reply to, like if your going to say number 2, thought i save you some time, so you could just reply: #2. thats just example though...

Yeah, I'm doing a number 2... but there doesn't seem to be any TP... could you please hand me a roll?

xander

OHhhon top of spag... GRUNHhhetti...
All... Eerghcovered in... GHHhahcheese....
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:51 am

trickfred wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

OHhhon top of spag... GRUNHhhetti...
All... Eerghcovered in... GHHhahcheese....

...are you suffering from bronchitis while learning how to sing? My dad's a surgeon you know...

oh and xander, dont miss the toilet. Heres a roll.

Return to “Mod Projects”