ilovebees

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mindule
level2
level2

ilovebees

Postby mindule » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:01 am

After this summers spectacular phenomenon, would it not be interesting to make an ilovebees mod? What are y'alls ideas for a mod like that?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:06 am

click here <<Nintendo's response to ilovebees.
Last edited by xyzyxx on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
qFox
level1
level1

Postby qFox » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 am

Eh... wtf?

I missed out on a... "thing"?
Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:23 pm

qFox wrote:Eh... wtf?

It was a Halo 2 promo thing. It sucked. Instead of making this ilovebees crap, Bungee should have concentraded on making a PROPER ENDING to their game.
Moleculor
level2
level2

Postby Moleculor » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:31 pm

ilovebees was this massive promo thing for Halo 2, the only part of which that can now truely be experienced is the rather decent five (and a half) hour long audio drama of the weeks leading up to Halo 2.

How one would make an "ilovebees mod" is beyond me. How would it be "ilovebees" themed? That doesn't make much sense.

Maybe with the whole AI trapped in a machine thing, maybe. But why? And what would it have to do with Darwinia?
mindule
level2
level2

Postby mindule » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:59 am

Perhaps you have to activate all the axons that were missed?

Can you use different units, say, the squad, and replace it with the image of the Spider?
Turtle
level0

Postby Turtle » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:40 am

Bas wrote:
qFox wrote:Eh... wtf?

It was a Halo 2 promo thing. It sucked. Instead of making this ilovebees crap, Bungee should have concentraded on making a PROPER ENDING to their game.

Actually, Bungie didn't have that much to do with the story of ILB. Most of it was thought up by 4orty2wo. I thought the ILB story was fantastic, so naturally I went out and bought Halo 2 to hear the rest of the story. Too bad they just screwed around with the story but didn't resolve anything :?

At least the novels were good...

Anyway, an ILB mod for Darwinia? Well... Maybe, I guess... Other than there being AI involved, there's not much of a connection between the two.
sfsdfd
level1
level1

Postby sfsdfd » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:05 am

Moleculor wrote:ilovebees was this massive promo thing for Halo 2, the only part of which that can now truely be experienced is the rather decent five (and a half) hour long audio drama of the weeks leading up to Halo 2.

:thumbsup: Yep, I was part of that, too - I couldn't participate nearly as much as I wanted to, but I did answer a couple of phones. :)
Moleculor wrote:How one would make an "ilovebees mod" is beyond me. How would it be "ilovebees" themed? That doesn't make much sense.

Heh - that was my reaction, too.

- David Stein

Return to “Mod Projects”