Stricken Souls [1.3 finally done - man I'm lazy!]

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:54 pm

...I can tell you with certainty that there's no problem with the mod - I've finished it before, and just started it again, getting to the point where you had your issue.

Make sure you're trying to play the mod with the correct profile selected.

Edit: removed snarky comments. I must be retaining water.
Last edited by trickfred on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:38 pm

I have the correct profile and all, but it just gives me a "UniqueID" error for the SpawnPointMaster
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:33 am

Try moving/deleting all ghost_capital*.txt mission files out of your profile (I'd take a backup first)

The Ghost Capital map has no buildings on, they're all in the mission files, so that could only be happening if there's something funny with the mission, or something's changed again with the latest patch - I really don't know how that can be happening otherwise.

If it persists, zip the profile up and mail me it, and I'll see what I can do.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks.

I'll try that out and get back to you if it doesnt work.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:45 am

You uh, could also get back to me if it DOES work, so that I know it worked...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:11 pm

It still gives the same error... SpawnPointMaster UniqueID was not unique in mission_ghost_capital.txt and i deleted them all from my folder.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:42 pm

The GoldFish wrote:If it persists, zip the profile up and mail me it, and I'll see what I can do.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue May 09, 2006 3:19 am

Just out of curiousity... hows it going with part 2?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue May 09, 2006 4:57 pm

It isn't. (And it's not 'part 2', it's a bonifide sequel)

It'll need the dev CD before anything can happen, mainly because I use reactionary design! (ie, I create something, then mess around with ideas about what the next step should be, rinse, repeat, rather than plan absolutely everything out in advance).

That said, the basic plot and additions I think'd be necessery are all documented etc, but, I do need additional ideas, and music, and possibly even sound effects. Frankly, though, my priority with the Dev CD would be to 'make darwinia modable', after the completion of project 'stop it being a giant memory leak from beyond the grave', as that would be the baseline requirement for Stricken 2 to exist, anyway. It'd be nice to have people working together on a project with that objective, but all I can forsee is everyone trying to do their own thing and not getting anywhere (much like the uplink dev CD release)

[doomsaying]
The problem in my mind with waiting on the Dev CD is that, interest is going to slowly but surely trickle away and no one who can make a difference will even care any more by the time it's released.
[/doomsaying]
nihilesthetics2
level2
level2

Postby nihilesthetics2 » Tue May 09, 2006 8:19 pm

The GoldFish wrote:my priority with the Dev CD would be to 'make darwinia modable', after the completion of project 'stop it being a giant memory leak from beyond the grave', as that would be the baseline requirement for Stricken 2 to exist, anyway. It'd be nice to have people working together on a project with that objective, but all I can forsee is everyone trying to do their own thing and not getting anywhere (much like the uplink dev CD release)

I will still be here/will return when/if the Dev CD is released and will join your 'make darwinia moddable' project/banner.

Ive always wanted to try a project based around an open source ethos ( not truely open source, obviously, as it would be using copyrighted material as its base, but you know what I mean )

I think the darwinia engine could really become a great generic modding system for all sorts of games of different genres.

N2
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed May 10, 2006 4:51 pm

When are they going to release the developer's cd version of darwinia, and is it going to be buyable/downloadable via steam?

Also, cant wait for "part 2" to come out...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed May 10, 2006 5:08 pm

Major Cooke wrote:When are they going to release the developer's cd version of darwinia, and is it going to be buyable/downloadable via steam?

Also, cant wait for "part 2" to come out...

Nobody knows. It might never happen. In general, it is believed that, because IV released the source for Uplink (i.e. the DevCD), it is likely that they will do the same for Darwinia. If they do, it will likely occur after sales have slowed to a trickle, and it will probably only be available on CD (what does Valve get by distributing the source code?).

xander
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed May 10, 2006 6:08 pm

They get kudos from the games playing public for helping a developer deliver the content they want to. Wether its free or not. But i don't see it happening.... ;)
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed May 10, 2006 8:55 pm

You are in a way right actually. I checked valve to see if their gonna be shipping Half-Life 2 dev version via steam, but I couldnt find anything, so im assuming that they will just be shipping it via cd(?)

Also, whats going to be on the developer CD thats so special? better editors?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed May 10, 2006 9:09 pm

...Read xander's last post again, and go check out the Uplink site for a list of what was on the Uplink Dev CD. Then you'll know about as much as the rest of us.

...Which is nothing, really. :Þ

Return to “Mod Projects”