Stricken Souls [1.3 finally done - man I'm lazy!]

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:27 pm

The_Goldfish wrote:Stricken fell off the mod forum front page, which makes me sad :(((
Poor TGF :(

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:17 am

I would be sad that Insurrection has almost as many page views as Stricken...

but then I realise most of those are people going back over and over to get the fixed version!

hehe
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:21 am

:P

xander
Rampage Starfire
level1
level1
Location: Simultaneously existing in Canada and a much better place than this world

Postby Rampage Starfire » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:35 am

Just started playing Stricken Souls v1.3, very nice!

I've only gotten through slipway so far, but love the terrain. So much more varied then the original campaign, with real Mountians! they are huge! :lol: 8) :)
Rampage Starfire
level1
level1
Location: Simultaneously existing in Canada and a much better place than this world

Postby Rampage Starfire » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:57 am

:evil: @$%@%^@#$% Spiders!!!! grenades sux vs. spiders!! Gladiator is driving me beserk!

I HATE SPIDERS!!!

If the rockets were enabled, then it would be easy enough but noooo! ya have to give me the big tease with the rockets!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Question; why are you wasting time killing the spiders?

Why does *everyone* kill the spiders?

Also, rockets suck, they're too weak, and you usually just end up blowing yourself up with them anyway. Personally I think they're only good for one thing... (you'll see later)

Anyway, it's *supposed* to be horrible in all regards, so :P

You could always... wuss out! keke
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:08 pm

Rampage Starfire wrote:--==<I hate spiders, blah blah blah>==--

Don't kill the spiders. Keep the squaddies mobile, kill what virii you must, try not to get squished by spiders. Ignore them, except to avoid getting flattened, no?

xander
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Rampage Starfire wrote::evil: @$%@%^@#$% Spiders!!!! grenades sux vs. spiders!! Gladiator is driving me beserk!

I HATE SPIDERS!!!

If the rockets were enabled, then it would be easy enough but noooo! ya have to give me the big tease with the rockets!

SPIDERS ARE SO EASY TO KILL WITH NADES.

Let me give you a few, easy steps to quick spider extermination.

1. Wait for spider to pounce.
2. Fire grenades where the spider lands.

The spider oftentimes doesn't move for a few seconds after he pounces, long enough for the grenades to explode. Boom, there you go.

Sometimes they do move, but just rinse and repeat. Its easy. I prefer killing spiders with grenades, because grenades are more powerfull.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:59 pm

Puzzlemaker wrote:1. Wait for spider to pounce.

I am guessing that you have not played Stricken yet. In the level that is causing our peer difficulty (and most of the other levels), you are not give a squad. You are given one squaddie. It takes four or five nades to kill a spider (sometimes more). Additionally, if you stick around to kill one spider, you are often confronted by several more, jumping in different cycles. It is easier to just rush past them.

xander
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:05 pm

xander wrote:
Puzzlemaker wrote:1. Wait for spider to pounce.

I am guessing that you have not played Stricken yet. In the level that is causing our peer difficulty (and most of the other levels), you are not give a squad. You are given one squaddie. It takes four or five nades to kill a spider (sometimes more). Additionally, if you stick around to kill one spider, you are often confronted by several more, jumping in different cycles. It is easier to just rush past them.

xander

Hmm. My experience is 1 or 2 well placed nades can kill them. Although with one squaddie I would suggest running past them, occationally firing grenades.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:23 pm

OK, here's a guide to Gladiator:

Guide to Gladiator

It's very low quality, no sound and run at double speed (ie, it actually took me 10 minutes, 50 seconds)

I believe it's encoded in DivX, I have no idea how or why this is the case...
Rampage Starfire
level1
level1

Postby Rampage Starfire » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:49 am

I would just like to take this opportunity to say:

Goldfish you are one evil {insert appropriately obscene comment here}

I hope you burn in whatever hell is appropriate for you, I hate you so much! :evil:

I thought Gladiator and Temple again were bad but Valhalla is almost worse then both of them (If only I could switch to a first person view for that fight)

Btw Keep up the good work, got any other mods? I'm too lazy to check right now :twisted:
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:47 am

Rampage Starfire wrote:bad

You could have used less ambiguous words! :P

My only other bonifide-me mod is Droughtwinia, which was a concept demo dealie which eventually turned into a playable mod.

I've also been involved in Martin's horridly named The Big Mod, which I'm supposed to be doing The Deserts of at the moment.

In future, go look at the modlist thread, it has all the mods with authors next to them, surely even you can't be that lazy :P
mellowvision2
level1
level1

Postby mellowvision2 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:41 am

this mod is great. I'd say even more exciting than the original game. I finished it last night in one sitting, with the exception for the big centipede at the end, which I didn't have the patience for...

the temple level destroyed my frame rate, down to .25fps or less... it was insane, until I realized I could use armor... awesome level.

NICE JOB.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:09 pm

I don't mean to go off topic but...

Code:

SpawnPointMaster UniqueId was not unique in mods/StrickenSoulsV1.3/levels/map_ghost_capital.txt

After I finished Gladiator 2 map, i tried to load ghost capital again, but it gave me that error, and it gives it to me everytime i attempt to load the game Darwinia ALONE!!! please fix this!

Return to “Mod Projects”