Fodder

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Icepick
level5
level5

Fodder

Postby Icepick » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:02 pm

The mod I am working on is, as you might have guessed, called Fodder. The general idea of the mod is to give the player a series of levels to complete, each of which must be finished using a limited number of resources - you start with but a single squad and an engineer on most levels, and have no way of creating more. The idea is to force the player to be a bit more defensive than they might have been in Darwinia's main campaign - charging your squad into the middle of a patch of Virii with Spiders jumping around means you will have to restart the level pretty quickly.

I was planning on releasing the mod (and any other mods people would like me to host) on TheNextGame on Friday, but I won't actually be around (Darwinia release party, woo), so it will likely be online at the begining of next week.[/url]
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:18 pm

The preview for this mod is now availible on TheNextGame.
It only has 4 levels, due to time constraints, but I wanted to put something up on the site, and this is all I had availible!
I'll be adding a lot more levels to the mod hopefully next week!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:22 pm

Hey Ice!

Firstly, easy peasy, hehe.

Secondly, loved the colour of level 3 - really did make it a bastard :P

Thirdly, I kinda saved 103 Stickies and it says I haven't saved 100 (I also tried officering until I had exactly 100, still no luck - only thing I can think of is that I enabled the trunk port first)
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:50 pm

Cakewalk, if I may say so myself ;)
Amazing work, though. It's fun to play and very diverse, and adds in some good tactics too.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:27 pm

Well, it IS only the first few levels, I'm planning on adding a lot more ;)
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:45 am

Icepick,

I finished the mod, here's what I have to say:
Level 1 - Very interesting as a warm-up (I thought you intended the blue-leaved trees to go with your hairstyle.)
Level 2 - Just as good as Level 1
Level 3 - Brilliant. I got my squad all the way to the radar dish, thinking I didn't need to obliterate them bugs on the other side, only to find out I had to because the control tower was there!
Level 4 - Wicked. While I got the Darwinians out of their island and near the anthill, this strategically placed triffid keeps shooting out stuff which made my squad multitasking, keeping both ants off my Darwinians and obliterating them viruses from the triffid eggs.

Bugs: all same as The_Goldfish said, and doesn't matter if you reset Level 4, it will still not give you a level completion message (also saved 104 Darwinians in the process).

Total time: 13 minutes.

Cheers!

Return to “Mod Projects”