Sound glitch, map glitch (Linux Mint 19.3)

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

data-angel
level0

Sound glitch, map glitch (Linux Mint 19.3)

Postby data-angel » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:34 am

Just finished Darwinia for the first time, loved it, but I kept getting this weird sound glitch. I know there's supposed to be a slight distortion on everything but when the game first boots up it will be VERY distorted, uncomfortably so lol, sometimes just messing around with the sound options seems to fix it (or crash the game), sometimes it just goes away by itself, sometimes a restart works, but it's pretty inconsistent idek if any of these things are having a real affect.

Bigger problem, now i've finished it tho and wanted to have a go with the map maker and custom maps, I started a blank map and named it Alpha before saving and quitting for the first time since finishing the game and using the map editor, boot it up today. and all of the maps occupy a single point? Any ideas what's going on here? I'm running the game thru steam, 64bit, please lmk if i need to post anymore info

Here's the map glitch:

Here's where it takes me when I click on that map singularity:

Something else weird: I was messing with steam to try and get multiwinia to boot and after each steam restart to update or change a setting, darwinia boot from it automatically too?? what?? lol

Return to “Linux Issues”