Demo2 Question: Level ending

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

fortanius
level0

Demo2 Question: Level ending

Postby fortanius » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:51 pm

Hello,
I am a newbie to this board, but I have already tried the first Linux demo, when it came out. I liked it, but did have trouble with gestures. Then I forgot about Darwinia, till yesterday. I read about the second demo, installed it, played a few minutes and ordered the game. Great fun. I just finished the demo2, i think. I needed around 2 hours. Is this a new record

My question to demo2:
The rocket was filled with 99% fuel and 100% passengers. The I saw a countdown around the rocket and when it got zero, the rocket lifted off. But then nothing happened, endless gameplay. I terminated all programs... Did I miss something, e.g. ending screen or something?

Eagerly awaiting my copy of Darwinia. Hope I will get it tomorrow.

Greetings.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:42 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. I believe that there is a small end sequence at the end of the demo2 where some Darwinians fly by slowly rotating in random directions. Does anybody have any screenshots for fortanius?

When you get your Darwinia Box -- or if you ordered from our site, you can download it -- be sure to apply the patch to update the game to the new control system (or not if you prefer the gestures!)
fortanius
level0

Postby fortanius » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:39 pm

OK, I got the flying Darwinians. Thank you for the information. I just got my Darwinia box. Along with the box I got a german installation instruction for Linux and an extra CD with the Linux patch/installer. I like my favourite Linux online shop. :D
Installation was easy (thank you to all people that worked at Loki Software). The manual is great. You are real artists. The home computer time was so great. I started 1981 with a Sinclair ZX81 (upgraded later to 16K Ram) and I got a few month later a TI99/4A, which I used till 1991 as my main computer before I bought a PC. I still have a complete TI99/4A system running in my living room for the real computer entertainment.
Now I play Darwinia. Thank you.
marcan
level1
level1

Postby marcan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:02 pm

just FYI, I also got that minor bug happen to me once. I believe it is related to you doing something just when the cutscene / sepulveda talk is about to begin. It never does, the rocket lifts off, but it stays there. I restarted the game and it proceeded properly after I did so.

Minor bug anyway, but slightly annoying.

Return to “Linux Issues”