Strange behaviour in Temple (sorry - possible spoilers)

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

bubbz
level1
level1

Strange behaviour in Temple (sorry - possible spoilers)

Postby bubbz » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:56 pm

I stumbled across a couple of bugs today, which are impossible for me to describe without giving a few spoilers... you have been warned....

I was working through temple before, I'd destroyed two of the emails, and only had the one on the island with the red darwinians left. I left the level for a while then came back to finish it later.

When i re-entered the level the other two emails i had previously destroyed had reappeared (not the enemies around them, JUST the mail items themselves).

The situation on the island with the red darwinians was looking impossible (I had added to the problem there so seriously before that whole areas were glowing white with intense virus activity!), so I decided to reset the level. After resetting, the radar dishes, etc, that my engineers had taken previously did not reset, they remained yellow, belonging to me. I immediately rushed to the email I had had difficulty destroying before, took it out immediately with my first squad, and got the message I had completed the primary objectives (even though, since I had reset I should have needed to destroy the other two mails again).

Anyway, I've completed the game now, enjoyed it hugely, despite the crashes and other issues I have encountered today... I'm sure this'll all be resolved soon enough... keep up the good work :)
bubbz
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:40 pm

Yeah thats not a bug. When an objective is completed it stays completed IIRC.

Also building do not change when you reset a level, to stop people repeat capturing the buildings, and gaining research points.
bubbz
level1
level1

Postby bubbz » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:25 pm

edd8990 wrote:Yeah thats not a bug. When an objective is completed it stays completed IIRC.

Also building do not change when you reset a level, to stop people repeat capturing the buildings, and gaining research points.

Ahhhh.... well still seemed a bit strange.... I'm just happy to have finally had the time to complete the game anyway :)
bubbz

Return to “Linux Issues”