linux beta

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

neighborlee
level1
level1

linux beta

Postby neighborlee » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:56 am

I thought I recieved a email saying beta was over and to grab demo but there is no linux demo thus my curiosity..I had to reinstall ( my fault ) thus I lost the email.

I went into the IRC channel and got nothing but smart mouthed behaviour so I'd be fareful about listing your IRC channel on the website...I have the 'log' in case any darwinia developer wants to see it as it really doesn't promote a decent multiplatform feeling of comradry.

....so I ask wondering if Ill get a cold sholder here too...what is status of linux beta/demo ? ;-))

I am asking due to this ( I downloaded the beta again ) :
----------
Darwinia has unexpectedly encountered a fatal error.
A full description of the error can be found in the file
blackbox.txt in the current working directory.
./darwinia: line 4: 20233 Segmentation fault $here/lib/darwinia.bin.x86

I have this .txt file if someone can tell me where to send it assuming this matters at all....

cheers
nl
xander
level5
level5

Re: linux beta

Postby xander » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:50 am

Near as I can tell, the Linux demo is in the same position as the Mac demo: limbo. There is only one person working on both versions, so it is taking some time. Be patient.

As to the beta being over, the game will not be released until March. Phase 2 testers, at least, will still be working until then (correct me if I am wrong). I doubt that there will be any new versions of the phase 1 beta, however.

I hope that answers your question...

xander
neighborlee
level1
level1

Postby neighborlee » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:32 am

xander wrote:Near as I can tell, the Linux demo is in the same position as the Mac demo: limbo. There is only one person working on both versions, so it is taking some time. Be patient.

As to the beta being over, the game will not be released until March. Phase 2 testers, at least, will still be working until then (correct me if I am wrong). I doubt that there will be any new versions of the phase 1 beta, however.

I hope that answers your question...

xander

--------------
fine I just wondered is all....are you official spokesperson on this subject?

cheers
nl
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:18 pm

neighborlee wrote:fine I just wondered is all....are you official spokesperson on this subject?

Not by any stretch of the imagination. What I say has no sanction from IV or anyone else. The above comment was just my impression from reading the boards. As no one has corrected me, I will continue to assume that I am more or less correct. And, just to cover my butt, I will continue to use many qualifiers, such as 'near as I can tell.'

xander

Return to “Linux Issues”