Unable to use mouse with xinerama

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

GeniusDex
level1
level1

Unable to use mouse with xinerama

Postby GeniusDex » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:11 am

I'm having a dualhead setup using xinerama. My left monitor is using a simple 2D sis card, and my right monitor is using a GeForce3 ti200. When the game launches it goes fullscreen on the right monitor, but leaves a window the size of the game (1024x768 by default) on the left screen.

When i try to move my mouse it quickly jumps to the right side of the screen where it remains visible for only 1 vertical line of pixel. I can move it up and down, but not to the left or right, it will stay at the sideline. Not knowing if, and if so: how, i can shut down the game with the keyboard, i end up killing X for closing down the game...

I haven't been able to get the game into windowed mode yet (if anyone can help me there: please do!), but i suspect it to only occur when in fullscreen.
Bruce42
level2
level2

Postby Bruce42 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:30 am

You can put in a config file to change to windowed (see the bug about not keeping preferences. To kill it by the kb, change to a VT (alt-cntrl-f1), login and try 'killall darwinia.x86'. Killall -9 if that doesnt work.

I think I will raise another bug about command line video options.
GeniusDex
level1
level1

Postby GeniusDex » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:47 am

Thanks for the help :)

In windowed mode it does work alright, apart from the fact that when i'm moving (with A/W/S/D) and i move my mouse at the same time, the screen will still turn to the right.

[edit]
In the task manager the mouse also stays at the right side of the screen when windowed.
Last edited by GeniusDex on Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce42
level2
level2

Postby Bruce42 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:51 am

GeniusDex wrote:Thanks for the help :)

In windowed mode it does work alright, apart from the fact that when i'm moving (with A/W/S/D) and i move my mouse at the same time, the screen will still turn to the right.

See one of the bugs I created regarding focus.
GeniusDex
level1
level1

Postby GeniusDex » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:59 pm

The problem has mostly been fixed in 4e/4f, apart from one 'small glitch'. When i change resolutions, the XINERAMA offset guess is completely wrong. It differs from time to time what the exact values are, altough i've found that they seem to be negative quite some time.

Return to “Linux Issues”