Options menu glitch

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

ixplode
level2
level2

Options menu glitch

Postby ixplode » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:40 pm

I've found it possible to exit the options menu with sub menus still open. Just hit escape, click screen prefs and click the refresh rate pull down. it should open another menu. Now hit close and close And it should still be there. This same error effect any other pull down, though once you exit the options menu all content should disapear. While these submenus are still visible you can move around with wasd but there wont be any of that nice "gliding" when you release the key. The fix is to go back into the menu and reopen and close all options that appear selected (blue).

Im running at 800x600 at medium everything.

Low quality JPEG
Last edited by ixplode on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:50 pm

This bug is known and multi-platform; see this report, for example.
ixplode
level2
level2

Postby ixplode » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:05 pm

Has it also been documented that now after i restarted kdm becuase of the mouse release glitch, it sometimes requires 2 or 3 clicks for it to register within the game? I believe this is a darwinia problem as KDE itself works perfectly.

Also, right when the game starts there is a darwinian soul thing and a box right next to it that are floating stedily upwards right by the shore where the mass of darwinians are.

Thirdly, it doesn't seem to be saving preferences... is there something that should be done about this, or has the option not been implemented yet.
`` The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life. ``

Return to “Linux Issues”