Rare anti-gravity Triffid eggs

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

ShepFan
level2
level2

Rare anti-gravity Triffid eggs

Postby ShepFan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:43 am

I've only noticed this in multiple levels levels of the Insurrection mod, but it doesn't seem to be something a modder could influence.

There have been times that a Triffid will toss an "egg" (what's the right word for that red blob?) into the water, usually in its death throes. At least three times with Darwinia 1.4.2, I've hit it with either grenades or airstrike as it sat underwater, and after hitting it, the egg rises up in the air rather than exploding. It floats upward, sometimes for a short time, sometimes surprisingly high (up to the level of a typical cliff), and then it bursts. I have tried and failed to get a clear screen shot. It's hard because a still shot just looks like an egg sitting on the background terrain. Anyway, in all cases, the egg does burst after a while. Of the three times I've seen it, one time virii fell out into the ocean, the other times it was empty.

-ShepFan
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:34 pm

We charge extra for that feature.... :lol:
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:40 pm

It's, uuh, realtime modification of the gravitational constant in Darwinia's fully-featured physics engine. ;)
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:31 am

shinygerbil wrote:It's, uuh, realtime modification of the gravitational constant in Darwinia's fully-featured physics engine. ;)

Ha !! I love that... :lol:

Return to “Mac Issues”