Junk Added in Building Definitions

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

xander
level5
level5

Junk Added in Building Definitions

Postby xander » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:41 pm

i.e. I create a trunkport with the editor, then connect the trunkport to another level. As long as I am in the editor, the sign above the trunkport says what it is supposed to. However, if I save the level, leave the editor, then reenter the level (either with the editor, or without), the trunkport connects to an unknown location. If I open up the map file, the line looks like this:

Code: Select all

TrunkPort           1       1123.75 3010.55 1       0.07    1.00    1677721710

The last bit should be a 1 followed by some spaces, and a 10 (1 for global, 10 for connected level). Because the junk is added, the trunkport does not connect to the level that it is supposed to (I assume that it is picking up the entire number as the global flag, when values != 0 are true). This affects other buildings as well -- the linked building is confused with the global flag. This seems to happen when the building is set to global by the editor.

I asked about this on IRC, and no one else is seeing it. From this, I can assume that either (a) it only affects Macs or (b) it only affects me (lucky me). By the way, if I delete the extra junk using a text editor, everything else works fine.

xander
atze
level1
level1

Postby atze » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:16 pm

1677721710 looks like a binary negative overflow. signed and unsigned problem somewhere?

Return to “Mac Issues”