A little annoying bug

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, andy, John

Maniack
level1
level1

A little annoying bug

Postby Maniack » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:44 pm

Well, um, great, I bet you're wondering what my problem is this time.

This one doesn't actually crash the game, but it makes it incredibly annoying. :(

Every so often, the game continually moves me backwards. The camera moves back unrelentlessly, and I can only immobilize it with the forward key. :x

To show you proof, this even happens on the Darwinia main map, and I get a nice outer view of the world, as well as the great expanse of the Internet. Gimme a sec to upload the files.

This can get quite irksome very quickly, especially when you're trying to manage your Darwinian army. ;)

EDIT #2:

Aw, crud. I forgot the server was all buggy. Sorry. If anyone knows any free places to upload my files, give me the go ahead. :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:08 pm

This seems to happen. It appears to have something to do with 'keyup' events, and the game not recieving them. If you are having this problem, try hitting the offending (i.e. if you are drifting back, hit [S] (assuming default configurations)) key again. That should give the game another keyup event, and stop the drifting.

xander

EDIT: Whoops! I did not see that you were refering to the world map. I have never really seen that happen. Try the advice above, then try hitting [F2] once or twice. [F2] toggles the camera mode between normal, debug, and auto. If the camera is in debug mode (which can happen if it is set to debug or auto), it is possible to 'fly' through scenery, &c. If this is coupled with the bug that causes keys to stick, it might cause the problem that you describe.

By the way, you seem to be having a hellish time with the game. I am sorry.
Maniack
level1
level1

Postby Maniack » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:44 am

Nah, it's just that I know how to program. The virus hates me. :D

Thanks anyway, I'll try that if that happens again.

By the way, I finally beat Biosphere. It was fantastic, just thousands of Darwinians cheering... it was like the Party of the Millenium.

Anyway, now I have to deal with that spam. Stupid spam. :x

Return to “Mac Issues”