Can't get the beta to open.

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, andy, John

ixplode
level2
level2

Can't get the beta to open.

Postby ixplode » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:25 pm

I was just accepted into the beta test, and I'm *really* psyched about being able to play it. I submitted my system info and did the mac download. Lo and behold i can't open the file. Tried in the terminal, and i tried opening the file that the term app linked to

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
here="`dirname $0`"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/lib:$here"
$here/darwinia.x86

I'm not on x86 ... could this be the problem? I tried downloading the beta again, but i still got the .zip and im weary of trying to dl it again since i wanna have a dl remaining for my linux box. Please help, im really eger to start testing.

Note: I know this is probably a really really big newb issue but bear with me, i've been a good tester in the past :)

EDIT #1: Well then. I checked my portrate and it has me down as linux tester... hmm then does this mean that i cannot play the mac version? Cause i thought the reason for the 3 download limit is so you could try it out on other machines...
`` The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life. ``
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:36 pm

The multiple downloads are for testing on different hardware configurations (and, in the case of linux, distros). Linux testers can only download and run the Linux version, and so on. I belive if you are a multiple platform tester, you get a set of downloads for each platform.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:15 pm

Are you trying to run this, using linux on a mac?
ixplode
level2
level2

Postby ixplode » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:02 am

I was being an idiot, heh. I was so excited to get chosen i didn't really read the title of the email and assumed that it was a mac acceptance, although i'd love to test for mac i applied the 2nd time for linux, which as i just found out, overrides your first application.
`` The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life. ``

Return to “Mac Issues”