Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, andy, John

Miah
level5
level5

[10.2.8] Logout?

Postby Miah » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:32 am

NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE

This is the third and final part of my three part bug-report. Before you read on, please be certain you have read "Possible 'hang'... uncertain of definition..." in the Class A bugs section and "broken cursor" in the Class B bugs section.

NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE

Fun Darwinia session this time. Per usual for the last 4 games, the squads at one point or another suddenly refused to move on command. After doing everything I coul, I decided that, since Darwinia did not record my pictures last time, I would attepmt to use the Mac's built-in function of screen-shots, Apple-Shift-3.

Then it froze. Sort of.

The screen suddenly turned to the coloured static it sometimes has right after you wake the computer from sleep during a game. Then completely blue.

Then my login screen came up.

Darwinia logged me out of my user

It wasn't even kind enough to make a blackbox.txt

Also, when I went to search through the console logs, I found they were wiped, as the computer saw this as a fully valid logout. Odd.

Here is one of the many pictures I attempted to make with the Mac's built in feature. However, there is no point in viewing it. It never recorded a thing. The document itself is zero k large. As with the others.

I'm at a loss here, I have no blackbox.txt, no console logs, no picture to show the final death throes.

To be honest, if it hadn't happened to me, and someone else would have posted it, I would think that person was lying entirely. Bear with me, I understand how absurd this report sounds.

Sadly, I have nothing else to offer. I will try to replicate this.

I will be on IRC tomorrow, November 12 from 9:00-11:00, 12:00-13:00, and 14:00-15:15 in CST time zone if you wish inquiry. I believe CST is GMT-6 at the moment, but I'm uncertain.
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:44 am

I've had unexpected logout problems before. Mainly in Jaguar, less so in Panther. I don't think it's anything that's specifically the fault of Darwinia. Circumstances probably were just strangely enough arranged that when you took the picture, something crashed badly and triggered the logout.

When I've had the logout problem before (not with Darwinia, just in general) it seems completely random, and not reproducible. Unless you can reproduce it in Darwinia, I'd assume it was not specifically caused by Darwinia.
Dakkon
level2
level2

Postby Dakkon » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:45 pm

Try to replicate it anyway...

Return to “Mac Issues”