HELP - Everythings gone :(

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Pile_O_Gunz
level0

HELP - Everythings gone :(

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:32 pm

I reached the Pattern buffer level and it was crashing due to a memory leaksso I installed patch 1.5(I own the box version).
Now all my progress is gone and I'm back at the Garden.

I was enjoying Darwinia but I'm not sure if I can be bothered to start again from scratch any ideas ?
Pile_O_Gunz
level0

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:59 pm

I installed patch version 1.42 and my progress is back.
1.52 was even more buggy :P as I got the "Low mouse sensitivity bug"
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:33 am

Hmm, then the savegames might be version specific... Don't know much about Darwinia's saves to be able to tell.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 pm

1.5+ savegames are stored in seperate places from 1.42-, and apparently it doesn't move existing saves to the new location during the patch installation. The 1.5+ version stores things in the saved games folder on vista/w7, and I think local directory on XP? Where as 1.42- stored them in the local directory. I think if you are using vista or W7, and put 1.5.11 or whatever in XP compatability mode, then that may make it look in the local directory and find your old saves from the previous version. The saves are all perfectly compatible.

Obviously though this is of little concern to you, since 1.5+ didn't really work out, but the above is the state of affairs, anyway...

Return to “Windows Issues”