Yard problem. Please Help.

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

darkaznfx
level0

Yard problem. Please Help.

Postby darkaznfx » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:02 am

Hey guys sorry if I am making a double post but I'm not too familiar with the search.

Anyways the problem I am having for the level yard is that I had decided to reset location and now I cannot spawn squads, or engineers in any location that is available to me.. Once I had done that it took me to the map and I reentered yard, than it showed me the explanation for everything but the problem is the points I have taken in before I had reset the location is still there. All of the viruses I had killed are back but the control points I have taken are still there.

It also showed that the Ant mission and the Enable trunk generator was complete although I never finished the Ant mission before the Reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:12 am

Sounds like the issue boils down to an inability to spawn units. Which I cannot solve. Try restarting Darwinia (if you haven't by now...) or restarting the level again.
The points will always remain captured if you reset an area. This is intended, and players from exploiting the game for massive research potential.
The ant mission being completed is a bug. Leaving and reentering an area with ants will usually cause all the ants to be back in the anthills; when in there, they don't contribute to the population cap. The mission is instantly completed upon reentry, therefore, and it stays complete even if the prerequisites are no longer met.
But anyway, if that objective is done, can't you just continue? Sounds like the mission is done.

Shwart!!
darkaznfx
level0

Postby darkaznfx » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am

Oh ya I don't mind if its already completed I just cant spawn guys so I tried restart the level, than Darwinia didn't work. So I just created a new profile and played. So thats my solution.

Is there anyway to get the briefing from the guy again? Like a replay of the briefing?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 am

Not exactly. But you can click on the specific objectives to get him to re-explain them.

Shwart!!

Return to “Windows Issues”