Reporting bug?

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

str4y_bullet
level0

Reporting bug?

Postby str4y_bullet » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:51 am

I apologize if I'm just dumb and blind for not seeing any place to officially report a bug so feel free to point me in the right direction.

Just thought I'd mention that I am patched fully and noticed a couple of things.
a.) My mouse is broken and will double click at random; when selecting unit placement and it occurs, it exploits and creates two units but only shows one program. Not a hassle considering I can run double programs ;].

b.) In the level Yard, from the moment I started I had the objective to exterminate ants automatically completed, again, not something to be sorry about but just putting that out there.

if it's relevant, AMD X2 4400+, 1GB ram, nvidia 8600GTX blah. blah. blah
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:41 pm

The first one is known, and as far as I know people are too lazy to fix it... but what do you mean it doube clicks at random? makes no sense...
now the second one... I have no idea how it could be... also makes no sense, maybe you have a corrupted game/save or something... anyway like you said it's nothing to worry about...
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 pm

My mouse (in fact, both my mice) are broken in a similar way. Sometimes when I click, it registers it as two clicks. Also I have to press certain areas of the button in order for it to even register properly. Drag'n'drop is a nightmare when the button doesn't stay pressed down very much :/
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
NeatNit
level5
level5

answering for him?

Postby NeatNit » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:28 pm

ugh... are you answering for him/her? because... well nevermind...
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:01 am

Don't beat on Shiny. He is more rodent than you will ever be. :P

The Yard issue is relatively common. It is a bug with the SafeArea object, which handles the presence of units in that area. Sometimes the ants spawn before the trigger checks, and sometimes after. I don't know how it would be fixed, but we are aware of it.

Shwart!!

Return to “Windows Issues”