[1.5.10/11] Rockets pretty much totally broken?

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

The GoldFish
level5
level5

[1.5.10/11] Rockets pretty much totally broken?

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:49 pm

Soo anyone notice how rockets are pretty much totally broken?

This was discussed in the beta forum - apparently it's in both the live release versions (I only even noticed this recently - I don't normally use rockets because, of course, as everyone knows, rockets suck)

Basically 97% of the time you use them they "explode" with a tiny, invisible radius, and no explosion pixel effect. As theorised, it appears to depend on terrain in question and the subsequent angle of impact.
brice
level2
level2

Re: [1.5.10/11] Rockets pretty much totally broken?

Postby brice » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:11 pm

The GoldFish wrote:because, of course, as everyone knows, rockets suck

hey! level 4 rockets are awesome! you can take out more red DGs with 'em than any other way. DGs never see them coming and have no chance of running away like they do for grenades and markers. solid messy huge kills! a squad with level 4 rockets standing on a hill top can cause complete carnage and mayhem for a red AI network. and they have rapid reload so a large squad can fire rockets continuously. completely awesome firepower!

besides how else can one squaddie take out soul destoyers? (evil modder you are!)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Re: [1.5.10/11] Rockets pretty much totally broken?

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:03 am

brice wrote:besides how else can one squaddie take out soul destoyers? (evil modder you are!)

I believe 4 soul destroyers simultaneously is my current record.

Regardless that isn't the point! They're broken so right now they DO suck! So there! :P
hibbs
level2
level2

Postby hibbs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:30 am

i aggre but i think it's also in 1.4.2 but that may be a side affect of my upgrading then downgrading of darwinia....
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:35 am

They never had problems in 1.4.x.
To the best of my knowledge.

Shwart!!
SparroHawc
level0

Postby SparroHawc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 am

When I purchased the game (don't know what version I installed, but it was pre-DX9c) and installed it, rockets worked fine. When I upgraded, they became wussy. There are a few things that seem to make them work though... They typically explode properly when striking the side of a building, and when they don't strike terrain at all. Also, when I accidentally hit terrain right next to one of my squaddies, it usually explodes. >_<

As pretty as 1.5 is with all the effects, I think I may have to drop back to the previous version so I can actually kill the bloody Soul Eaters.

Return to “Windows Issues”