Graphics glitch: Mouse pointer in flickering rectangle

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

shazza
level0

Graphics glitch: Mouse pointer in flickering rectangle

Postby shazza » Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 am

Hi,

I just bought Darwinia on Steam after playing the demo version which had the same problem:

The mouse pointer appears as a flickering rectangle (with the actual cursor in the middle). I tried making a screenshot (with the "Print Screen" key) but everything appears fine on those images.

Anyways, I tried playing with the mouse cursor settings (e.g. disabling cursor shadow etc.) and the Nvidia settings. Changing the game resolution has no effect either.

My system specs are as follows:
Core Duo T2600 CPU (tried assigning to single core/CPU)
2 GB RAM
Geforce 7800 Go Graphics card (latest Forceware)
Screen Resolution 1920x1200 (tried other settings)
Windows XP SP2
Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 USB (with latest IntelliPoint drivers)

This is a notebook system (obviously) which also has an integrated touchpad with Synaptics drivers. Disabling those didn't help (and disabling the laser mouse is out of the question).

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out here!

Thanks!
Mef
level2
level2

Postby Mef » Wed May 24, 2006 3:55 am

Isn't this that software/hardware cursor fuckup thingy that just happens in some games? I mean graphical drivers are involved in such situations, can't tell You anything else thou...
READY:
MEF

?SYNTAX ERROR
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed May 24, 2006 4:53 am

Depends if you've got other software that keeps highlighting the mouse. You've got quite a few mouse related applications installed, and I wouldn't put it past you that one of them isn't liking the other one's control and is refreshing the mouse frequently.

You'll have to enable/disable them all in set orders to see which is at fault, and yes, that does mean you'll eventually have to disable the laser mouse.

NeoThermic

Return to “Windows Issues”