triffid reappers in pattern buffer

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Otaku49
level0

triffid reappers in pattern buffer

Postby Otaku49 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:34 am

http://o49.homelinux.org/files/triffid.png
this triffid spawns every time i reenter pattern buffer, i asume that its status (i.e. "dead" >.< ) isnt saved correctly
Last edited by Otaku49 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:14 am

Out of curiosity, what version of Darwinia are you running?

On possible problem is that the triffid, which should be marked as dynamic (and stored in the mission file, rather than the map file), has not been. AFAICT, this has been rectified in 1.4 (the Steam version, also currently in beta on the Mac and Linux). If this is the problem, there is not much you can do about it. If you feel really motivated, you could open up main.dat (it is a .rar, just change the extension and extract it), and eliminate the lines in map_pattern_buffer.txt that include triffids (or, better yet, cut and paste them from map_pattern_buffer.txt to mission_pattern_buffer_recapture.txt).

It is possible, as well, that the game did not save your status at the time that you quit. It is also possible that you have reset the level. Neither of these seems likely to me, given the way you describe the problem.

xander
Otaku49
level0

Postby Otaku49 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:21 pm

im running 1.3 for that is the latest patch for the boxed version
and you're right i havent reset the level ^_^" its just this one triffid
well does'nt really bother me because i'll hardly ever enter the pattern buffer with this profile again, i just thought i'd point it out

and thx for your help :D

Return to “Windows Issues”