crashes re-entering receiver

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

stubbsy
level1
level1

crashes re-entering receiver

Postby stubbsy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:59 pm

Hi, i can't re-enter the receiver level. i've patched, have latest drivers etc... should i just delete the mission_receiver_recapture.txt file? Will that reset the location?
I was only about half way through after all, i guess it doesn't matter, just a bit annoying is all.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:19 pm

When you say you can't enter Receiver, what do you mean?

Do you mean that the location is on the map, but that you can't click on it to enter?
Do you mean that Darwinia crashes when you try to click on Receiver?
Do you mean that it does not show up on the map?

If it is either the first or the third, it is probable that deleting the mission file will not fix the problem. If it is the second, deleting the mission file has a good chance of fixing the problem.

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:50 pm

Hi

If possible please paste or pm to me the entire contents of your mission file first, as it's possible it's another case of the amazing squadie mission crash bug thing. I would probably then advise you to then delete it and see if anything changes (you can always restore it if it does not)

Either way, good luck with that!
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
stubbsy
level1
level1

Postby stubbsy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:17 pm

i've actually already deleted the txt file and restarted the level. in response to your question, xander, the problem was that darwinia crashed when i clicked on the "receiver" location on teh world map.

goldfish, i shall pm you the contents of the old txt file,though as i said, the problem is now more or less resolved
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:49 am

I expected it would be, however thank you very much for the pm - it's another case of the (apparently new) squadie savegame bug.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Holm
level0

Postby Holm » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:55 pm

I seem to have the exact same problem.

I played the lvl till I only need to take out the ants island so Im pretty much at the end. Took a pause and exited the lvl. When I joined it startet to crash dawinia.exe but other lvl seem to work just fine. Would be bummer to have to play the whole lvl again. Takes ages to guide all the dawanians around on this map!

Can I be of some more help by messeging my mission_receiver_recapture.txt to you also?

And do you think they will fix faulty saves or just tell people to delete the file and restart the lvl?
Holm
level0

Postby Holm » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:56 pm

Oh and I run the game through steam
Jong
level0

Postby Jong » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi Guys. First time visitor, I hope you can help. I was 2/3rds of the way through Temple when I hit this bug. Please, please can I help you fix it and save me having to reset the level. I will wait if necessary!

I believe it was caused by having squaddies travelling down a transport beam when I exited the level (to rush off and deal with a toddler emergency!). No other crashes in the whole game.

Darwinia crashes to desktop whenever I try to enter the Temple.

I've posted my game.txt and mission_temple_recapture.txt here:

[edit: game files removed after they were fixed by the very kind Goldfish!]

Can someone let me know when you have got what you need from these files so I can remove them from my web site? Thanks!!
Last edited by Jong on Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:59 pm

Jong
level0

Postby Jong » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:55 am

Wow. Now that's what I call service!!

Thanks.
Holm
level0

Postby Holm » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:38 pm

Yeah.

You gotta love that Goldfish. He fixed my save also.

Return to “Windows Issues”