Wrong Colours and Graphics Problem

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, andy, John

StanleyP
level0

Wrong Colours and Graphics Problem

Postby StanleyP » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:00 pm

I get very weird graphics when I play this game. It is like it's displaying with the invert effect you get in photoshop.

here are some scrren shots ::

Pic 1

Pic 2

Is this how it's supposed to look. The screen shots on the website don't show anything like this. Apart from that it is still completely playable and a very fun game.

Anyone else have this?
xander
level5
level5

Re: Wrong Colours and Graphics Problem

Postby xander » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:17 pm

StanleyP wrote:I get very weird graphics when I play this game. It is like it's displaying with the invert effect you get in photoshop.

here are some scrren shots ::

Pic 1

Pic 2

Is this how it's supposed to look. The screen shots on the website don't show anything like this. Apart from that it is still completely playable and a very fun game.

Anyone else have this?

Wow, that is groovy. I don't think that anyone else has reported that problme... what kind of hardware are you running on? How are your preferences set? What happens if you fiddle with different settings?

xander
Moleculor
level2
level2

Postby Moleculor » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:16 am

Wow. That looks like a wireframe mode or something.
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:11 am

Wow. Apart from how cool that looks, I suspect something's wonky with your graphic card setup or you direct x config. Do other 3D accelerated games play fine?
StanleyP
level0

Postby StanleyP » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:07 pm

I've actually managed to resolve this by reinstalling my graphics card drivers. I have an ATI 9600 Pro 128mb (could be 256mb). If I played around with the settings in the game, nothing changed at all.

The only thing I could think it is, is the settigns for the graphics card itself. It didn't effect any other game I have but this one.

Now that I've got it working properly I might find out how to get that again, I think I prefer it. The wire frame objects look really cool. Anyone up for creating a graphics mod?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:14 pm

That indeed looks rather "spaced out". As for creating a graphics mod, I doubt it would be that difficult if you understand how the game renders the colours and models. Unfortunately I do not understand how to do so, but I am sure someone on here does.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:39 pm

Ahh, this needs explaining!

The reason it was only affecting Darwinia is because Darwinia uses OpenGL to render out. Most of ATi's special modes only affect OpenGL, and you probibaly only play games that use DirectX normally.

What you must of changed is in the CCC, under SMARTSHADER Effects. The one you've selected is probibally Contour, which is a nice OpenGL only filter.

NeoThermic
StanleyP
level0

Postby StanleyP » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:31 pm

That makes a lot of sense I have had a good play around with those settings. And you are right in assuming everything else I play doesn't run from OpenGL.

At least I know how to get the funky version back again.

I'm going to post a question about it in the mod forum.

Return to “Windows Issues”