Squad Teleport Problems 5

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, andy, John

Josh mc
level3
level3
Location: :noitacoL . .///////|\\\\\\\ . . . . . . |..---...,...---..| . |........|........| . |...\__.__/...|

Squad Teleport Problems 5

Postby Josh mc » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:49 pm

I have just had a very strange bug. I sent a squad into a radar, then when they only one of them went in, I decided to delete the squad. The one who had went in and came out the other end died, but the others stayed for a few seconds and then went into the radar, and when they came out the other end they tried to walk back to the other radar, and got stuck at the border with the sea. I couldn't select them.

EDIT: I Checked the other bugs, this is more like a combination of them.

EDIT: I also just had one where I sent 4 squads through the first radar, and then two of them turned and went for the water, but the other two diddent. They were all exactly the same. Hmm.
Last edited by Josh mc on Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mad_Big_Sausage
level2
level2

Postby Mad_Big_Sausage » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:29 pm

Sounds like the other radar/squad bugs.

The deserters, as I like to call them, often try to cary out previous orders or maybe you gave them one unwittingly.
If you see Kaye, why owe you?
rob_quill
level1
level1

Postby rob_quill » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:27 pm

Yeh, I think the Squad Teleport Problems bugs are the Beta2 equivilent of the Officer Bug in Beta1. Lots of different examples of the big occuring in different ways, and fixing one will probably fix them all :)

Rob
UberBuckley
level1
level1

Postby UberBuckley » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:19 am

I got the same problem in Beta 3 after three of my squad members (from six) got stuck on the mountain on the second island, while the other three went through to the far island. The three that remained were not on the task manager, but I had full control over them (well, except for the fact that I could only move them a few feet before they either hit the water or the mountain.

Return to “Windows Issues”