Cannot Authenticate Version

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

rob_quill
level1
level1

Cannot Authenticate Version

Postby rob_quill » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:05 pm

Well, this was kinda my fault, but I download Darwinia and ran it on my S3 Pro Savage DDR, and it didn't work. Fair enough, I say, and installed it on the other 2 machines in my house. Then I thought, maybe its a driver issue, so I installed teh latest drivers and now I am told that it cannot authenticate the version. This also happens on my Radeon 9200 PC, where I just installed the new Catalyst drivers. So now, I only have one machine which it works on, which is a 9800 Pro, although it isn't my machine, which is gonna make it slightly dificult to test on.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
Rob
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:09 pm

It's been stated that the beta will only work on the system you downloaded it for. If you want to test it on other machines, resubmit a sysinfo.txt generated from each machine you want to test it on, and download again. There's a maximum of 3 downloads per user account, each for a different system setup.
rob_quill
level1
level1

Postby rob_quill » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:17 pm

Yeh, I'm aware of that. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I submitted 3 sysinfo files, one for each of the machines I have. I then installed Darwinia on each of them. 2 of them tried to run and then gave fatal errors and needed to shut down, one of which I posted about. Then I tried it on the 3rd machine and it worked fine, so I played for a while, and later it occured to me that maybe Darwinia wasn't worknig because my drivers weren't up to date on the other 2 machines, so I updated the drivers to the latest versions, causeing Darwinia to think the system set-up was different, when infact it is the same machine with newer drivers.

[EDIT: sloppy english]

Rob
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:22 pm

Ah, I see. In that case, I would try contacting Chris and see if he can help.

Return to “Windows Issues”