waves textures

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Levi
level1
level1

waves textures

Postby Levi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:15 am

What other waves textures come with 1.0? Just waves_default? I don't have the .dat reader
infowars.com
Levi
level1
level1

Postby Levi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:19 am

In Darwinia, I mean
infowars.com
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 pm

A .dat reader? Wha? The .dat file is just a .rar archive. You should be able to open it up with just about any archive utility out there. You might try changing the file extension to .rar, which should alert your OS to the fact that it is a compressed file. Then just open it up and have a look at what is in there.

xander
Levi
level1
level1

Postby Levi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 pm

That's what I meant, the computer in question was just thrown together recently and winrar isnt on it. It's not online either, so I cant DL anything, so I just thought I would ask what was already in the .dat.file
infowars.com
Levi
level1
level1

Postby Levi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Sorry, I guess that was unclear.
infowars.com
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm

First off, every post you make has an edit button. Rather than replying to yourself, use the edit button when you have something to add to a post that has not been replied to. As to the issue of textures, I don't have the time or inclination to download Darwinia onto my office machine, extract the .rar archive, and answer your question. What I would suggest is that you grab a USB thumb drive, head to the local library, and get a copy of the WinRAR installation files, and install it on your machine. I mean, you managed to get Darwinia onto the machine somehow, which implies that you should be able to use the same process to get WinRAR onto the machine.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

If you got Darwinia on it, I'm sure you can get WinRAR on it.

Edit: Believe it or not but I was ninja'd.
I've seen worse cases. ;)

Just to tease though, it is possible that he has an actual Darwinia CD which he used. I don't see how there could be no flash drive though...
Levi
level1
level1

Postby Levi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

I bought a hard copy of Darwinia when it first came out, and I still have the disk. As to my question, I wasn't expecting anyone to go to great lengths to answer it, I just thought someone might remember. For example, I remember that the textures for the water are default and icecaps, but i dont recall if there are other gradients besides the pink one. Pardon me for being so rude as to ask a question about Darwinia on a Darwinia board.
infowars.com
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:15 pm

We're not being rude, are we? We're simply trying to answer your question. You can look at aaaallllll the game's files by using any archive software. That is the answer we gave you, and that's the story I'm sticking to. Specifically what you want to know, I don't know - but you can probably check within the files.
Levi
level1
level1

Postby Levi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

It was just a quick question, I thought someone might answer from memory instead of saying "you figure it out". My library blocks all downloading. I guess ill just do it when I get the internet In a few weeks. Thanks anyway.
infowars.com

Return to “General”