Call For Volunteers

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

gamingnerd
level0

Call For Volunteers

Postby gamingnerd » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:01 am

Hi... I've started up a gaming blog: SpamNerd.com. I want the site to get really big, Kotaku big or even better, but to do that the blog needs a lot of content more of the time. I don't know how many of you out there would be interested, but I want to find some writers for new content. I don't really have the money to pay for writers, and I can only write a couple posts per day. If anyone is interested in helping out, I know someday we could get very big. When it does, that means free passes to conventions like e3, free games and game systems, previews to unreleased games, and even a job possibly if the site starts to make money. On top of that, you'll get a cool email like: yourname@spamnerd.com.

Another thing is that consistent writing for the blog would look great on college applications and resumes. There are no minimum requirements, you just have to be able to type English at a 6th grade level and you're good. You can write about anything you want, really: reviews, news, previews, youtube videos, etc.

So yeah, if you are interested, just contact me at buddydupre at gmail dot com!

Thanks guys

Check out this SPAM file for more details.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 am

Post like this are spammed all over the internet. I removed a similar one recently (just advertising for a random gaming related blog). I'll let this one stand for now because it's not obvious link farming, but I nevertheless want to ask you guys:

Should stuff like that be treated as regular spam and removed? Is the fact it's replicated all over the place enough? Or is it only spam if they try to sell us fine leather jackets?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Looks like spam to me. Nuke it from orbit.

xander
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:19 am

K, was my initial impulse too. Spamified. User not banned. If he cares enough to check back, let him.

Return to “General”