How about adding Steam Achievements for Darwinia?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

How about adding Steam Achievements for Darwinia?

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 am

I know this is an old game, but Darwinia+ for 360 got achievemnts for Darwinia, and there is also the story of how Interversion was saved due to a Steam sale via releasing a version of Defcon with Steam achievements.

It has been a long while since the Steam Summer Sale of the Introversion pack which I understand sold pretty well. And since making and adding achievements shouldn't require that many resources, it should be an easy and good thing to do for Darwinia.

Also, with the addition of Steam Achievements, Valve will probably work out a mid-week or week-end sales period for Introversion to make some extra money for them.

So, basically, if Introversion adds Steam Achievements for Darwinia, it will be a win-win situation for everyone!

Anyone else want to see Steam achievements for Darwinia?!
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 pm

While the source code has been released, it isn't possibly to create achievements and implementing them into steam itself. It's possible to create your own set though, but they wont go on steam unless introversion adapts it.
Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 am

Well, doing it myself but not being able to be on Steam would kind of not fit into the goal of "Steam Achievements".

Anyways, although I would like them for myself as replay value, I suggest this be done to help Introversion as a way to generate more sales. And I figure it as an easy way to get some quick PR for the game again.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Scribble[SFD] wrote:Well, doing it myself but not being able to be on Steam would kind of not fit into the goal of "Steam Achievements".

Do it yourself. If IV like it, it might be integrated into a future patch. At this point, I get the impression that IV are done with Darwinia. They have been working on the Darwinia code for something like 7 or 8 years, and are sick and tired of it. If a community member made an interesting or significant modification to the code, it might be integrated into the game, Steam included. If no community member cares that much, I doubt that IV cares.

xander
Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm

xander wrote:
Scribble[SFD] wrote:Well, doing it myself but not being able to be on Steam would kind of not fit into the goal of "Steam Achievements".

Do it yourself. If IV like it, it might be integrated into a future patch. At this point, I get the impression that IV are done with Darwinia. They have been working on the Darwinia code for something like 7 or 8 years, and are sick and tired of it. If a community member made an interesting or significant modification to the code, it might be integrated into the game, Steam included. If no community member cares that much, I doubt that IV cares.

xander

Hmm, well I was more thinking for IV to just port the 360 achievements into the current PC version. Again, this suggestion is support of growth of IV via another Steam sale.

Personally, I have not done any coding since C64 and Qbasic days.... Also, I wonder even if I was able to pull it off if IV would be willing put the achievements into the Steam version once done....
DejaVu
level0

Re: How about adding Steam Achievements for Darwinia?

Postby DejaVu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Please add achievements and cards in the game. And second life game is ensured. :wink:

Return to “General”