Windows 7 and patch problem(s)

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

bubism
level0

Windows 7 and patch problem(s)

Postby bubism » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 am

Hi there!

I just dug out my "old" copy of Darwinia and installed it on a brand new Windows 7 machine.

* Great looks, speed, everything... but the Alt-tab thingie killed the experience. So...

I downloaded and installed the latest patch.

* The graphics degraded terribly. Even setting the rez to my usual 1280 x something setting, it looked barely 640x480 or less. And the gesture interface just disappeared! So...

I reinstalled the game without the patch.

* And it looks cool again, but the grenades just don't work (only normal shots instead). AND the damn alt-tab thing makes playing impossible

Because, you know, there is no way (that I know) to disable alt-tabbing in Win7. And I kinda wanted the latest graphic jazz up anyway, but it's in the patch only, apparently.

So, what can I do to play my game? I read somewhere they finally got around to exchange the original Alt key with the Ctrl key (duh), so no more window jumping happens. If that's another patch magic... Why can't I enjoy it? Why Introversion do hate me so?

Help me! Please. Pretty please. With sugar on top. A lot of it.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:23 am

Try updating your graphics drivers.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Somewhere in the options, you can re-enable the gesture system. It was replaced because of multiple reasons. Mainly it wasn't very fun I think, and it sometimes didn't detect which can be disastrous when time is short.

Return to “General”