Darwinia Book

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Earthinamarble
level0

Darwinia Book

Postby Earthinamarble » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 am

Has anyone here read a book also titled Darwinia by author Charles Wilson. The book deals with an issue that ends up being very similar to this game and I was wondering if there was a correlation of any sort? I'm not much of a gamer so if this should be blindingly obvious I apologize. Thanks
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I saw the book in a shelf at a bookstore the other day, and forgot to check up on it later.
Uplinkport
level1
level1

Postby Uplinkport » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm

I see a huge connection between the book an the game as I look at the plot summaries and reviews. The only similarity to the game in the book reviews is that they share the same name. Around the end of the book the world discovers it is actually a digital simulation supported by a realm commonly known as the archives. The archives are being invaded by some virus and they (the humans) must fight to survive.
It looks like a good book, and the plot of Darwinia by Introversion ties right in with the book's plot. I suppose if one wanted to grasp the feeling of Darwinia for some insight, the book by Robert Charles Wilson is a great place to start.

Return to “General”