Problem with Cursor

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Andronicus
level0

Problem with Cursor

Postby Andronicus » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 am

Hi guys,
I have a problem with the cursor on Darwinia that's just made the game painful to play, which in unfortunate considering I love its style. Whenever I move the cursor around, there's about a 1 or 2 second lag between when I move the mouse and when the little circle that acts as the cursor moves. It's not a problem with the general framerate of the game, because the little characters all move smoothly when I see them closeup, and the hub menu cursor moves fine, it's just the in-game cursor. Any help would be appreciated, because I would very, very much like to be able to play this game.
Incidentally, I bought it off Steam and presented my problem on the Steam forum, but was directed here instead, so it would seem my problem is a rare and hard one to fix.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:44 am

Guten tag.
There is a sub-forum for technical difficulties. There is also a FAQ there of things to try, in addition to a list of information we need to help you.
I recommend you include this information. I have no exposure to your issue, and from my quick perusal, few others would. Without more data, we cannot be of assistance.

Shwart!!
greyseal
level0

Same problem

Postby greyseal » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey -- I'm having the same issue with my cursor. The movement is very "sticky." When I hit Escape to access menus, the cursor turns back to the normal PC cursor, and everything works fine. But the in-game cursor is terrible. And it's not general slowdown -- the thing is running at a full 60fps, and the scrolling is smooth as silk. Just the cursor.

Blech. This stinks.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:13 am

Both of you (if you're both still around): Follow the above advice. Make a topic in the right part of the forum, or, failing that, at least give us the information we need to help you.

Shwart!!
Andronicus
level0

Postby Andronicus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Ah, sorry about that. I just went straight to the section marked Darwinia. I'll go to the right place now. Apologies for my ignorance.

Return to “General”