The most stupid thing I have ever seen

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

rocketdude
level0

The most stupid thing I have ever seen

Postby rocketdude » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:41 am

This is the most stupid bug I have ever seen in any game. Sure it passed the beta testing? I was on the latest level, Temple or what it is called.

Halv out in the level, I need to to some other stuff. BEcause there is no pause button on this game (why???), I quitted ("leave location") and guess what?

The ending startet to play. That's the most ridicilous thing I have ever seen. I had get rid of the three spam mails, but there were lots and lots of enemies again, I had only get rid of the spam mails, red darwinians was all over, there were base-units (or what it is called) that was in control of red darwinians that I thought I had to control. AND I was not finish with playing. So stupid I nearly can't breathe.

Oh, and one more thing. Suddenly I can't place any units at the stations any longer. The only thing working is to restart the game. Another bug. Still a game for several years ago. Well.......
xander
level5
level5

Re: The most stupid thing I have ever seen

Postby xander » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 am

You are an idiot.

Your grammar and spelling is atrocious. Perhaps you are not a native English speaker, in which case I apologize for calling you an idiot. However, beyond that, you completely failed to even read the mission objectives. The objective of the mission is to DESTROY THE SPAM, not kill all the enemies. Once you destroyed the spam, you finished the mission. You could have left at any point to see the outro.

As to not being able to place units, this is a known bug, and has been around forever. It is only possible to create a certain number of units in any session. Yes, this is a problem, but the limit is high enough not to bother most people, and the work around is simple, thus the impetus to fix it is minor.

xander
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 pm

As xander says, if you wanted to finish killing all the enemies, you shouldn't have left the level.

Also, you can pause (the Windows version) by pressing the Windows key.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
rocketdude
level0

Postby rocketdude » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:32 pm

First off, I apologize for my stupid post and my real problem was not properly explained, not to mention the incredibly bad grammar. I'm not a native English, but most of the words (and sentences?) were badly written. Forgive me, it was late at night, and I was tired and angry.

xyzyxx, my only option was to quit the level and restart Darwinia, because I couldn't place any units, and thus not being able to continue the game. But, when I left the Temple level, the ending flashed over the screen.

I see now that i didn't explain this good enough in my last post, and I'm sorry for that. I was in need of a pause button earlier in the game, but that is another case.

A great game, but, it kind of misses a tutorial (several things you have to find out by yourself, or they are not properly explained).

Sorry folks, sorry sorry sorry x100000
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:05 pm

It is assumed people have either played the demo or read the manual before playing. Neither of which happen often anymore.

Also, if you want to wipe out all the enemies, use the access all areas profile. Should allow you to do the mission again.

Return to “General”