Tear jerker

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Feud
level5
level5

Tear jerker

Postby Feud » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:17 pm

I just saw (last night) the saddest thing I've seen in Darwinia.

It was mission complete on the level, with all teh DG's hoping about. One jumped a little too far, and ended up in the ocean. As he was floating away about five or six formed the funeral line on the beach, watching him drift away. Suddenly one from the back of the line took off at a dead run towards the water, jumped, and landed right next to the one drifting away. They both soon died.

Now, I figure that perhaps he just happened to run, and happend to do a victory jump, and it was all just a big coincidence. But the appearance certainly was that he jumped in after the other one, perhaps to try and save him, and died in the process. It was heart breaking.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Nice, very nice. You should have taken a screen shot.

Or six.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:12 pm

Aww, sniff, that brings a tear to my eye :')
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:19 pm

xyzyxx wrote:Nice, very nice. You should have taken a screen shot.

Or six.

I think I got a shot of the mourners on the beach (when I get home I'll look), but the actual event was so sudden and unexpected that I didn't react quickly enough.

Edit:

Can't see much aside from the funeral and box kites for the two lost at sea.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:02 am

I can't help but lol.

If I had been you, however, I'd have been very sad because then they'd have been my Darwinians.
Cypher50
level0

Postby Cypher50 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 am

I've had a couple of similar moments. I never have the heart to leave a single Darwinian all on its own, so it's always sad when one somehow manages to pass through the 'firewall' on Containment... you try to get them to run to the officer... but they only end up dying as they cant pass through a second time... its a dark moment :(
Dover
level1
level1

Postby Dover » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:26 pm

i'm really amazed about how passionate you guys get about your darwinians. i kindof fail to feel that empathy for anything digital. maybe because i have played too many RTS and have lead too many digital fellows to their death? ^_^

Return to “General”