Two little questions

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

ciarals
level0

Two little questions

Postby ciarals » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:44 am

Hi everybody!
I've bought today my copy of Darwinia using Steam. 1 month ago a friend of mine brought me his full version of Darwinia on CD and I installed it. Then, today, after buying my online copy, I uninstalled my friend's version. Now, every time I enter Darwinia, there is the profile that I created with the CD version and I want to cancel it. Where can I find all the profiles and savegames created before in the non-Steam version?
Another little question: I've seen that the latest update for Darwinia is 1.5.11. I have Windows Vista and in the "other options" menu there is this version number: Win32-Full-Steam-1.5.10. Why is not the latest?
Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.
ciarals
level0

Postby ciarals » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:13 am

Nobody can answer me? Please... :(
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:10 am

I'm not sure I entirely understand your question with regards to the save games, but the non-Steam version saves to "C:\Program Files\Darwinia\users", while I presume the Steam profiles are in "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\...\Darwinia\users".

If you're running on Steam, it autoupdates, so don't worry - you'll have the highest Steam version available.
ciarals
level0

Postby ciarals » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks fot the answer.
Sorry if I wasn't very clear. The main "problem" is that when I play Darwinia there are still the profiles that I created with the CD version. The directory "C:\Program Files\Darwinia\users" has been deleted when I uninstalled the game and in the directory "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\...\Darwinia" the directory "Users" doesn't exist! So: where are saved the profiles under Vista? Thank you in advance. Bye!
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am

Well, elsewhere someone found their Uplink save files to have been in "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Uplink\users". While it's not necessarily the case that your Darwinia saves are located somewhere similar, it could be somewhere similarly obscure. Try searching for the name of the profile (probably NewUser), or some of the files inside - such as game.txt. Failing all else, use the search function to look for files containing the word "redshirt" (i.e. within the file, not in the file name).
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
ciarals
level0

Postby ciarals » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:17 pm

Finally I found them in the Vista SavedGames folder!
My last question (related to my first post): so is it normal that my version is not the latest? Isn't it strange? Thank you very much for everything. Bye!
ciarals
level0

Postby ciarals » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25 pm

No answers? :(
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:52 am

As I said, Steam automatically updates - you almost certainly have the lastest version available to Steam users, so there's nothing to worry about.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
ciarals
level0

Postby ciarals » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:42 am

Ok, thank you so much! :wink:

Return to “General”