Er... So where IS the Vista version?

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

Bas
level2
level2
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:46 pm

Er... So where IS the Vista version?

Postby Bas » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:01 pm

I don't see it. I have the Steam version, which I downloaded again to try out the new Vista features. Nothing. So, where is it? Don't tell me we have to pay for the same game again.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:10 pm

Try reading the news thread more carefully. ;)

Chris wrote:The Vista version of Darwinia is available from the MSN Vista games page


Or to be more exact, here
Last edited by Montyphy on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
Xocrates
level5
level5
Posts: 5262
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm

Postby Xocrates » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:21 pm

And it isn't available as a patch yet.
User avatar
hitm4n
level3
level3
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Postby hitm4n » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:14 am

First i've heard of this, and i see it has unique levels and more eye candy ?
Anyone got it yet, can maybe give some screenshots of how it looks... or a mini review ?

And is there going to be a patch ? I already bought the game but would love a bigger betterer version.
User avatar
Testrie
level3
level3
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:02 pm
Location: CA, United States
Contact:

Postby Testrie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 am

hitm4n wrote:First i've heard of this, and i see it has unique levels and more eye candy ?
Anyone got it yet, can maybe give some screenshots of how it looks... or a mini review ?

And is there going to be a patch ? I already bought the game but would love a bigger betterer version.


Don't we already know what it looks like?

oh wait... you don't.

well, for the people who...

err...

well...

we... can't...

eyra
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:06 am

hitm4n wrote:First i've heard of this, and i see it has unique levels and more eye candy ?
Anyone got it yet, can maybe give some screenshots of how it looks... or a mini review ?

And is there going to be a patch ? I already bought the game but would love a bigger betterer version.

Sorry, NDA, hitm4n. I can neither confirm nor deny that there are new levels or eye candy. You will just have to wait until the Vista version is out.

xander
User avatar
Testrie
level3
level3
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:02 pm
Location: CA, United States
Contact:

Postby Testrie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:17 am

xander wrote:
hitm4n wrote:First i've heard of this, and i see it has unique levels and more eye candy ?
Anyone got it yet, can maybe give some screenshots of how it looks... or a mini review ?

And is there going to be a patch ? I already bought the game but would love a bigger betterer version.

Sorry, NDA, hitm4n. I can neither confirm nor deny that there are new levels or eye candy. You will just have to wait until the Vista version is out.

xander


but it is out...

elyea
Bas
level2
level2
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:46 pm

Postby Bas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:06 pm

But will there be a patch for non-Vista versions?
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Bas wrote:But will there be a patch for non-Vista versions?


What part of "Read the news thread more carefully" don't you understand? READ

Chris wrote:Now that this special Vista version is finished, we plan to make a Darwinia patch available to everyone that encorporates all the new features and enhancements we've written.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Bas
level2
level2
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:46 pm

Postby Bas » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:16 pm

I'm dyslectic. I didn't read the news thread. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 am

Bas wrote:I'm dyslectic. I didn't read the news thread. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


What about the snew thread?
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:23 am

xander wrote:Sorry, NDA, hitm4n. I can neither confirm nor deny that there are new levels or eye candy. You will just have to wait until the Vista version is out.xander


NDA does not prevent us from saying things that are already publicly known:
Chris wrote:- Porting of the Darwinia graphics system from OpenGL to DirectX has enabled new and enhanced visual effects, for example, screen warping explosion effects, reflective water, and Darwinian soul 'auras'. We've really gone to town with pixel shader effects and the end result is the best looking version of Darwinia we've ever made.

- Support of the Xbox 360 controller. If you own a 360 controller just plug it into your PC's USB port and Darwinia will pick it up automatically.
- Support of the new Vista parental control system
- Three new Darwinia levels designed by Gary Chambers (Icepick) : Jailbreak, Stronghold and Doomsday
- Availability on both games explorer menu and Vista media centre
- Rich saved games option allowing you to launch Darwinia by double clicking the save game from windows explorer
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:06 am

Bas wrote:I'm dyslectic. I didn't read the news thread. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


If you are dyslexic, you are the first one I know who can't actually spell that word. Even so, that is no reason for not reading the news threads in order to find your answers.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:11 am

Montyphy wrote:
Bas wrote:I'm dyslectic. I didn't read the news thread. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


If you are dyslexic, you are the first one I know who can't actually spell that word. Even so, that is no reason for not reading the news threads in order to find your answers.


Alas, dyslectic is in fact a synonym for dyslexic - but your point stands.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:41 pm

KingAl wrote:
Montyphy wrote:
Bas wrote:I'm dyslectic. I didn't read the news thread. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


If you are dyslexic, you are the first one I know who can't actually spell that word. Even so, that is no reason for not reading the news threads in order to find your answers.


Alas, dyslectic is in fact a synonym for dyslexic - but your point stands.


Oops, didn't see the t. :oops:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest