Page 1 of 2

Darwinia? Defcon?

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:19 am
by Testrie
Is there anyone here who perfers Darwinia to Defcon?

Elyea

I'm going to get flamed for this...

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:06 pm
by trickfred
*raises hand*

Yo.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:37 pm
by martin
yeah, me too - however posting this in the darwinia general chat is a *little* unfair.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:17 pm
by Darksun
Darwinia

To be honest, Defcon is probably my least favourite Introversion game. It's not that it's a bad game or anything, just not really my cup of tea.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:34 pm
by Montyphy
Why isnt Uplink in the poll?!

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:48 pm
by Shwart!!
I agree, it seems a little biased, where you posted it. In the IV Lounge section might get much better results.

I agee with Darksun, while sharing MP's sentiments. Uplink isn't my favorite IV game, but it is very close.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:50 pm
by xander
Of IV's games, Darwinia is my favorite.

xander

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:31 am
by byrneda
I just love saving all them little guys. They look so cute.. and helpless.. and.. oh, uhm.. yes.
*cough*
I'll always support IV, but Defcon wasn't my cup of tea. Its fun and I love the graphics engine (especially the main screen with the pixelated rotating earth - would love to see that on a projector - kinda reminds me of the Deathstar in Star Wars).

:D

Uplink was fun too - but it had me kinda scared at first because I thought I was dialling into a *real* network.

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:38 am
by xyzyxx
byrneda wrote:Uplink was fun too - but it had me kinda scared at first because I thought I was dialling into a *real* network.
That tension is exactly what makes Uplink so freakin' awesome.

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:29 pm
by xander
xyzyxx wrote:
byrneda wrote:Uplink was fun too - but it had me kinda scared at first because I thought I was dialling into a *real* network.
That tension is exactly what makes Uplink so freakin' awesome.

Oh, indeed. However, I found that, once I knew how to hack just about every system, the tension was no longer there. Uplink was a great game, but, for me, it doesn't have the same staying power as Darwinia. I think Uplink is possibly the best game concept that has come out of IV -- exactly because many people thought that they were actually hacking. It just runs out of replayability fast. Of course, Darwinia may have the same problem -- but I found the editor, which cleared that right up :)

xander

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:00 pm
by Hendar23
Darksun wrote:Darwinia

To be honest, Defcon is probably my least favourite Introversion game. It's not that it's a bad game or anything, just not really my cup of tea.


Totally dude, totally. I like the feel of it, I just don't find it fun. Oh well, thats what demos are for.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:31 pm
by deltantor
for me, defcon barely loses to darwinia, defcon is great, and so is darwinia, and uplink too! ohh its so hard to choose....

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:51 pm
by RabidZombie
The lesser of two evils, 'cept the opposite. (The greater of two goods?)

I love 'em both, but I prefer Darwinia. It reminds me of Cannon Fodder. Ah, happy days.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:00 pm
by deltantor
RabidZombie wrote:The lesser of two evils, 'cept the opposite. (The greater of two goods?)

I love 'em both, but I prefer Darwinia. It reminds me of Cannon Fodder. Ah, happy days.


i was just playing cannon fodder 2 under dos.....

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:00 am
by RabidZombie
deltantor wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:The lesser of two evils, 'cept the opposite. (The greater of two goods?)

I love 'em both, but I prefer Darwinia. It reminds me of Cannon Fodder. Ah, happy days.


i was just playing cannon fodder 2 under dos.....


Doesn't work in XP :'(

Ah well. I still got my Megadrive (screw Genesis) sitting by my TV, with a copy of Cannon Fodder in the slot.