Plainly: Thanks

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Neuromante
level1
level1

Plainly: Thanks

Postby Neuromante » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:52 am

I am some kind of "tired pc gamer": I've fought too many times the same war, I have killed too many times the same bad guys. I was tired of the "same shit with better graphics" when I discovered Darwinia.

I played before Uplink, and didn't like it too much (it was a game with a great concept, something new, but never manage to make me love it), but Darwinia had almost everything I was looking in a game: Nice plot, a completely new concept (at least, I never played a RTS with the same game system), a awesome visual without using realistic graphics (HDR? What's that? Darwinians don't need it!), and of course, that TON of details (the intros -Conway, Spectrum-, the design of the engineers or the bombers, etc).

I have to recognize that I get the game in a non completely legal way, and I played it until the Temple. I talked to a friend about the game and, over a week after, two buying orders were sent to Great Britain. Now we both have our completely legal, original, boxed copy of the game. He completed the game before order it. Really.

And yes, it's probably a member of the little group of games that I'm happy that the developers get my money for. It's a job worth pay for.
As I said, Thanks, people ;)

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain and don't rule the idiom at all..
ynbniar
level5
level5

six

Postby ynbniar » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:39 am

I read somewhere that there are only 6 jokes. Every other joke is just a facsimile of one of those 6.

The same has been said about video games....FPS, RTS, Driving, RPG, Sim, Puzzle???

Number 7 is any introversion game.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:02 am

You missed platformers. And over the shoulder action/adventure games, though those could be seen as the modern incarnation of platformers. You also missed sports games, though one might argue that those are simulations of a kind. Though I suppose that one could argue that all games are a simulation of one kind or another.
[/pedant]

xander

Return to “General”