Darwinia & Xbox 360 Live Arcade

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

ShadowDarwinian
level0

Darwinia & Xbox 360 Live Arcade

Postby ShadowDarwinian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:16 pm

On wikipedia, its been rumored that Darwinia will be coming to XBLA......has there been any confirmation on this move and if so is there a Quarterly (or even more specific) release date on this?

Thanks.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Darwinia & Xbox 360 Live Arcade

Postby xander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:24 pm

ShadowDarwinian wrote:On wikipedia, its been rumored that Darwinia will be coming to XBLA......has there been any confirmation on this move and if so is there a Quarterly (or even more specific) release date on this?

Thanks.

No official confirmation, but we do know that IV have some kind of deal with MS involving XBLA. We think it is Darwinia, it might involve Defcon -- we don't know, yet.

xander
ShadowDarwinian
level0

Postby ShadowDarwinian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:34 pm

Involve as in it's either Defcon or Darwinia...or involve as in they're trying to get both games published?

I understand if this has not been cleared up, but if you have a theory, it would be great thanks.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:53 pm

ShadowDarwinian wrote:Involve as in it's either Defcon or Darwinia...or involve as in they're trying to get both games published?

I understand if this has not been cleared up, but if you have a theory, it would be great thanks.

I have a theory, but I don't see how that helps, as I don't have any knowledge that an average forum reader would not have. I am inclined to think that Uplink will not see XBLA, as the interface is not really suited to it. I think that Darwinia has a very good chance of showing up on XBLA -- the interface seems appropriate, and I think it would do well. I also think that Defcon has a good shot at XBLA, for similar reasons to Darwinia. However, this is pure conjecture :\

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:10 pm

I'm guessing that it will be Darwinia.

I first knew about it when someone pointed out the Introversion logo (the Darwinian) in a picture of a slide show from Microsoft about Live Arcade.

I'm not 100% sure, but it was before anyone knew too much about Defcon, wasn't it?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:37 pm

RabidZombie wrote:I'm guessing that it will be Darwinia.

I first knew about it when someone pointed out the Introversion logo (the Darwinian) in a picture of a slide show from Microsoft about Live Arcade.

I'm not 100% sure, but it was before anyone knew too much about Defcon, wasn't it?

It was before anyone in the public knew much about Defcon. That doesn't mean that IV wasn't talking to MS.

xander
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:08 pm

xander wrote:
It was before anyone in the public knew much about Defcon. That doesn't mean that IV wasn't talking to MS.

xander

Could be, yes. But wasn't the IV-philosophy along the line "we will talk to publishers only when the game is finished so they can't presure us to change the game" ?

Edit: alphager sucks at quoting.
Last edited by alphager on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:14 pm

alphager wrote:Could be, yes. But wasn't the IV-philosophy along the line "we will talk to publishers only when the game is finished so they can't presure us to change the game" ?

Possibly. I think it is more along the lines of "We will not take money from publishers if that money comes with creative strings attached." IV could quite easily have been in talks with MS about Defcon -- show them a demo, tell them what the game will do, and ask for offers. MS has no creative control, even though the game is not yet finished. Or something like that.

xander
ghostDancer
level2
level2

Postby ghostDancer » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:45 am

Going out of topic (as a long tradition in The Darwinia Forum), i think that a Wii version of Darwinia could be great , only the gesture version , imagine making all the gestures in front of the TV screen, a video of someone playing Darwinia could be great fun. :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:

if you're alive, it isn't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:15 am

ghostDancer wrote:Going out of topic (as a long tradition in The Darwinia Forum), i think that a Wii version of Darwinia could be great , only the gesture version , imagine making all the gestures in front of the TV screen, a video of someone playing Darwinia could be great fun. :lol:

I concur. Darwinia would on the Wii would be the (Rock, this is for you) shiz'nizzle.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:41 am

xander wrote:
ghostDancer wrote:Going out of topic (as a long tradition in The Darwinia Forum), i think that a Wii version of Darwinia could be great , only the gesture version , imagine making all the gestures in front of the TV screen, a video of someone playing Darwinia could be great fun. :lol:

I concur. Darwinia would on the Wii would be the (Rock, this is for you) shiz'nizzle.

xander

It would be awesome, but instead of just dumping it on the Virtual Console, I'd rather see it as a disc - and that would most likely mean features would need to be added to it to get people to buy it, since it is already available on so many other platforms. More levels (not a sequel, just... longer - length is the game's true flaw), multiplayer, either some kind of random level generator or a Wii version of the level editor (which needs to be easier to use in a non-text-file environment), some kind of 'arcade-style' mode, etc. - otherwise, people will not buy it again, and would just be content with one of the other platform options.

Write up the design specs, and parcel it out to another company to code, and free up IV's time for 'the next next next... (etc) game'.

*The above is not likely, but will definitely happen as soon as I figure out how to pull up reality's 'console' and type in the God Mode command. ;D
owningxylophone
level0

Postby owningxylophone » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:49 pm

I guess it's just a matter of time before Darwinia is announced for XBLA... With the vista version being released they added support for the 360 control pad, made it work under DirectX (which the 360 runs) instead of OpenGL and the download size is under the 50mb dowload limit. The only things they would need to sort are the achievements and online leaderboards.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 pm

Online leadersboards? darwinia...

...*goes to buy an Xbox 360*

maybe they'll MAKE MULTIWINIA for the Xbox?? :)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
owningxylophone
level0

Postby owningxylophone » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:47 pm

Now that would kick bootay...
ShadowDarwinian
level0

Postby ShadowDarwinian » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:40 pm

Nice to see my topic getting some new life into it. Hopefully, that's some sort of Karmatic sign of Darwinia on XBLA ^_^

Return to “General”