Darwina Windows Skin

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

ButtSpasm
level0

Darwina Windows Skin

Postby ButtSpasm » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:30 am

is there one?

if not someone should deffinately work on making one.. that would be awesome.
TinFoil
level2
level2

Postby TinFoil » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:05 am

Sadly, the Introversion fanbase doesn't include many windows modders...

EDIT: Skinners, modders... Same thing :D
ButtSpasm
level0

Postby ButtSpasm » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:15 am

that is indeed unfortunate.

would be tight.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:01 pm

/me does an uncontrollable fart.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Honestly though, make your own skin and throw it up here to share with others that might be into that sort of thing. They're not exactly that hard to make, really...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:02 pm

trickfred wrote:Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Honestly though, make your own skin and throw it up here to share with others that might be into that sort of thing. They're not exactly that hard to make, really...

Then why don't you do it, if it isn't that hard? Huh? Huh? That's what I thought!

/me ducks to avoid the brick that is most certainly flying my way.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:45 pm

xander wrote:

Then why don't you do it, if it isn't that hard? Huh? Huh? That's what I thought!

/me ducks to avoid the brick that is most certainly flying my way.

xander

...Because I'm not the one that wants one? Plus, I turn all that fancy crap off anyways, gets me a few more cpu cycles. Windows (ugly, but) Classic Mode FTW. I do have a weakness for wallpapers though, I'm changing it every week... :D

/me looks at brick, decides it's too much effort, wanders over to the fridge for breakfast at 4 PM
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:26 pm

trickfred wrote:...Because I'm not the one that wants one? Plus, I turn all that fancy crap off anyways, gets me a few more cpu cycles. Windows (ugly, but) Classic Mode FTW. I do have a weakness for wallpapers though, I'm changing it every week... :D

I have to agree on that one. I use Windows Classic at work, because the default XP theme is butt-ugly. On my computer, the desktop image changes every 15 minutes. I have a directory full of about 1,000 images taken by various NASA missions. There are also some Darwinia screenshots, and a few other random things, like family photos. It takes a while before I see the same image twice :)

xander
ButtSpasm
level0

Postby ButtSpasm » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:16 am

because i really have no idea how to do such a thing. i guess i could get off my lazy ass and try searching google...
byrneda
level1
level1

Postby byrneda » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:38 am

xander wrote:
trickfred wrote:...Because I'm not the one that wants one? Plus, I turn all that fancy crap off anyways, gets me a few more cpu cycles. Windows (ugly, but) Classic Mode FTW. I do have a weakness for wallpapers though, I'm changing it every week... :D

I have to agree on that one. I use Windows Classic at work, because the default XP theme is butt-ugly. On my computer, the desktop image changes every 15 minutes. I have a directory full of about 1,000 images taken by various NASA missions. There are also some Darwinia screenshots, and a few other random things, like family photos. It takes a while before I see the same image twice :)

xander

Cool!
Just like me - except I change the explorer shell for a shell that's not as memory hungry and gives back a few more clock cycles.
Tried LDE(X), but that was wayy to crazy to get my head around. Have done Litestep before, but not too mad about modding anything at the moment to get the "look and feel" I'm looking for.. so.. I tried :
bblean
Works straight out of the box, easy to configure and yummy too.
PM me if you want to know more or chat about this (don't want to be too off-topic).

Return to “General”