pattern buffer problem

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

zoidberg
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:09 pm

pattern buffer problem

Postby zoidberg » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:14 pm

im stuck in the level pattern buffer in darwinia....
I try to kill all virusses and red darwinians, but the red guys are always coming again out of the trunk port.... and the dragon sucks, too.
is there any way to stop the red invasion through the ports? (im not able to do the work if theyre always attacks from those red darwinians)
thanks for help, zoidberg
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:20 pm

there are two ways:
-the easy way: clean the two islands first, but DO NOT CAPTURE any of the Pattern-Buffer-machines. At the end, capture all 4 simultaniously

-the hard way: put 5 armours around the trunkports.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:21 pm

The hard way is the fun way. :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
zoidberg
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:09 pm

Postby zoidberg » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:22 pm

thanks im going to try both ways....
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16868
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:41 pm

As alphager said, you can place armour around the trunkports. I disagree that this is a "hard" way to do things. It is quite easy. Set up some armour, get some DGs to run them, and keep a large group of DGs near the armour (you can do this very easily with the follow command). The one suggestion that I would make is to make sure that your armours are arranged in a half circle around the trunkport, so that they won't shoot eachother.

xander
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:01 pm

I disagree that this is a "hard" way to do things. It is quite easy.
Your logic is flawed. It isn't easier than the "easy way".

Even if they're both easy, one of them has to be labeled as the "hard way".
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:06 pm

let's make a compromise:
there is an easy way and a hardER way.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16868
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:15 pm

xyzyxx wrote:
I disagree that this is a "hard" way to do things. It is quite easy.
Your logic is flawed. It isn't easier than the "easy way".

Even if they're both easy, one of them has to be labeled as the "hard way".

I disagree. Neither way is hard. A hard way would be to allow the red DGs to completely take over the islands, then try to kill them off. If you wait until the very end to capture the consoles, you still have to deal with red DGs (it is possible for them to get to one of the two consoles on the first island before the infection clears), and you have to plan ahead, and know that red DGs will be coming. If you set up armour, you also have to plan ahead, and set up the armour. I do not believe that either method is any easier or harder than the other. I disagree that one would have to be labeled easy, and I disagree that one is easier than the other. You may not agree with me, but that does not mean that my logic is flawed. My logic is perfectly valid, based upon the assumptions that I have made.

xander
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:19 pm

xander wrote:
xyzyxx wrote:
I disagree that this is a "hard" way to do things. It is quite easy.
Your logic is flawed. It isn't easier than the "easy way".

Even if they're both easy, one of them has to be labeled as the "hard way".

I disagree. Neither way is hard. A hard way would be to allow the red DGs to completely take over the islands, then try to kill them off. If you wait until the very end to capture the consoles, you still have to deal with red DGs (it is possible for them to get to one of the two consoles on the first island before the infection clears), and you have to plan ahead, and know that red DGs will be coming. If you set up armour, you also have to plan ahead, and set up the armour. I do not believe that either method is any easier or harder than the other. I disagree that one would have to be labeled easy, and I disagree that one is easier than the other. You may not agree with me, but that does not mean that my logic is flawed. My logic is perfectly valid, based upon the assumptions that I have made.

xander

so your assumptions are flawed! ;-)

The red DGs don't come before you capture the first console.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16868
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:51 pm

alphager wrote:
xander wrote:
xyzyxx wrote:
I disagree that this is a "hard" way to do things. It is quite easy.
Your logic is flawed. It isn't easier than the "easy way".

Even if they're both easy, one of them has to be labeled as the "hard way".

I disagree. Neither way is hard. A hard way would be to allow the red DGs to completely take over the islands, then try to kill them off. If you wait until the very end to capture the consoles, you still have to deal with red DGs (it is possible for them to get to one of the two consoles on the first island before the infection clears), and you have to plan ahead, and know that red DGs will be coming. If you set up armour, you also have to plan ahead, and set up the armour. I do not believe that either method is any easier or harder than the other. I disagree that one would have to be labeled easy, and I disagree that one is easier than the other. You may not agree with me, but that does not mean that my logic is flawed. My logic is perfectly valid, based upon the assumptions that I have made.

xander

so your assumptions are flawed! ;-)

The red DGs don't come before you capture the first console.

I didn't say they did. Read what I wrote again.

xander
zoidberg
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:09 pm

Postby zoidberg » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:41 pm

damn... the temple level s so hard.... i cant do anything... ive captured the first island.... but on the island with the red darwinians theres a BC and everething gots turned into virusses... on the temple island there are so many dragons that I cant do anythin without getting crushed by them.
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:59 pm

zoidberg wrote:damn... the temple level s so hard.... i cant do anything... ive captured the first island.... but on the island with the red darwinians theres a BC and everething gots turned into virusses... on the temple island there are so many dragons that I cant do anythin without getting crushed by them.

there are several tactics you can use. Here is mine:

1) try to capture some satelite-dishes (just make as many engineers as you can and send them over simultaniously; repeat until you own it. The dish on the red DG-island is perfectly placed for this, as the cannon cannot reach down to it. Create a squad, then grenade the hell out of that cannon

2) the island to the right is also pretty easy: capture the satelite-dish, then send one Squad directly to the spam mail and place airstrike-beacons on it. You may have to try a few times

3) main-island with the soul-devourers:
set up several armours all around it (you can manually control the guns to get better controll).
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16868
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:14 pm

zoidberg wrote:damn... the temple level s so hard.... i cant do anything... ive captured the first island.... but on the island with the red darwinians theres a BC and everething gots turned into virusses... on the temple island there are so many dragons that I cant do anythin without getting crushed by them.

Dragons?

xander
zoidberg
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:09 pm

Postby zoidberg » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:54 pm

hmmm... those flying worm creatures.... biggest foe
zoidberg
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:09 pm

Postby zoidberg » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:55 pm

hmmm... those flying worm creatures.... biggest foe

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest