pattern buffer problem

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:34 pm

Ah... Soul Destroyers.

As to doing Temple, there are a lot of options. You say you have the first island clear (the one with the single incubator and several SpawnPoints, right?). From there, the second island is fairly easy (the one with a spam cube and lots of virii, but no red DGs and no soul destroyers). I will assume that you can figure that one out. The island with the temple is not really that hard -- I generally set up a bunch of cannons near the radar dish, then send a boatload of DGs through the radar to the cannons. If you have five cannons arranged in a partial circle facing the temple, they can pretty much defend themselves. Then, use squads with upgraded 'nades to take out the spam (or use airstrikes). You may lose a ton of squads, but it really isn't so bad.

The last island can be a beast. I think that the best way to do it is to try and capture the control tower nearest to the island with two incubators right next to eachother. Then, manufacture squads there, and go straight for the spam. Don't let the squads kill anything else, because the souls left behind will be very quickly turned into armies of virii. Go straight for the spam, don't kill anything else. It may take five or ten squads, but you should be able to do it. If you are having trouble capturing that control tower, you can send squads over via the radar dish, but that takes more time.

At any rate, those are the strategies that I think work best. Others may have other ideas.

xander
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:16 am

Err, double post? And Soul Destroyers?
I cleared all islands except the one with red DGs purely using squads and airstrikes, and for the red island I staged a huge (naturally grenade and laser equipped) darwinian invasion to distract from my squad's attack on the spam (as by that stage, in my attempts to use purely squads, the island was swarming with virii).

Hmm, that's one helluva sentence...
sentropie
level1
level1

Postby sentropie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm exhuming this thread since I'm getting stuck (or having found a bug).

At first I must say that I did not read the hints in here before I have started the level. Therefore I've played as usual and cleaned island by island and was surprised by a red flood. So far, so good.

The mission says I have to hold three stations to "clean" the buffer. And I do that (4 is impossible for me, at this point). But the cleaning process gets stuck at 50% (sometimes it's even sinking).
Jazz Ad
level1
level1

Postby Jazz Ad » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:27 pm

You need to get rid of triffids. If not they will constantly refill the resserve of red stuff and you won't progress.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Jazz Ad wrote:You need to get rid of triffids. If not they will constantly refill the resserve of red stuff and you won't progress.

Um... no?

There are four BlueprintConsoles that you need to capture with DGs. When you capture one of them, the image in the center of the level, on the high peak, will start to go from red to green, and the infection will start to clear. You need to capture and hold all of the BlueprintConsoles for a few minutes to completely clear the infection -- each console is responsible for about 25% of the image, and the infection is not cleared instantly. The triffids have nothing to do with it, unless triffids are spawning enemies that are killing the DGs manning the BlueprintConsoles.

The game says that you have to hold at least three of them, but I am not sure this is accurate. I have never cleared the infection without capturing all four of the BlueprintConsoles. I would suggest that you try another strategy for fending off the red DGs -- turrets work pretty well, if you camp the trunkports.

xander
sentropie
level1
level1

Postby sentropie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:40 pm

@Jazz Ad: Sorry, with red stuff I meant the evil Darwinians.

@xander: I finally made it, but I think the objective is wrong anyway, isn't it?

Return to “General”