Can't Be the Generator Level-Can't Power Solar Panels

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Lord Ned
level1
level1

Can't Be the Generator Level-Can't Power Solar Panels

Postby Lord Ned » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:07 am

So i just got the game, and have had ALOT of fun. SO i get up to the Generator level, where you have to fix the generators, for the Weapons Platoform. So i get though most of it, but their is One set of Solar panels that i can't get my Darwaninas(sp?) to. It is the island with a Radar Dish, and a "Portal" (Forget the name of them. :() To the Mines. So i go to the Mines level, and try and send some Darwanians (Sp?-Again) Though it, but can't. Am i doing something wrong, and is sending your units/Darwinian's(sp?-.-) Though the portals even possilbe? Thanks for any help. And sorry if this is in the wrong location, used to Facepunch's Forums. (GMod Forums) General says everything. :P

Edit! :P

Is there a way to pause the game, in-game? I've been using Alt+ Tab to pause, but i've tried P. Just now learned that it is Sccreenshot, and not Pause. :P
trickfred
level5
level5

Re: Can't Be the Generator Level-Can't Power Solar Panels

Postby trickfred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:35 am

Lord Ned wrote:So i just got the game, and have had a lot of fun. SO i get up to the Generator level, where you have to fix the generators, for the Weapons Platoform. So i get though most of it, but their is One set of Solar panels that i can't get my Darwaninas(sp?) to. It is the island with a Radar Dish, and a "Portal" (Forget the name of them. :() To the Mines. So i go to the Mines level, and try and send some Darwanians (Sp?-Again) Though it, but can't. Am i doing something wrong, and is sending your units/Darwinian's(sp?-.-) Though the portals even possilbe? Thanks for any help. And sorry if this is in the wrong location, used to Facepunch's Forums. (GMod Forums) General says everything. :P

Edit! :P

Is there a way to pause the game, in-game? I've been using Alt+ Tab to pause, but i've tried P. Just now learned that it is Sccreenshot, and not Pause. :P

What OS are you running, and what version of the game are you playing?

It's not clear from your post, but you do know that you can use the radar dishes to transport DGs to a new island, right? (Some people have managed to get through the whole game not realizing that, so I'm just checking)

Activating the Trunk Ports in a level is just a graphical representation of opening that level on the Global Map - you don't actually send any DGs through it to the next level.

If you're using Windows, just punch the Windows key to pause. :D
Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:45 pm

Now why didn't i think of that before??? :P

Ok, thanks alot. I'm running Windows XP, and got Darwinia though Steam.

But when i try and tell a officer to send the darwinians through, i don't get the little 4 crosser hair point, (As seen in the picture in the link above.) Also, What file path are the screenshots saved in? (C:Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Darwinia/Screenshots?) And is there anyway to turn off the "Hud" Your crosshair, and such? Thanks again! :!:

Edit!

That was weird. I figured out how to get the darwinian's across, they have to have both Radar dishes aligned. But then i got 1 darwinian across, and it said that i had completed my objective, even though there were no Darwinians's on the solor collectors on that island? :o :shock:

Anywyas, thanks. Now that i've beaten that i'm off to the Yard! :D
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 pm

Lord Ned wrote:Now why didn't i think of that before??? :P

Ok, thanks a lot. I'm running Windows XP, and got Darwinia though Steam.

But when i try and tell a officer to send the darwinians through, i don't get the little 4 crosser hair point, (As seen in the picture in the link above.) Also, What file path are the screenshots saved in? (C:Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Darwinia/Screenshots?) And is there anyway to turn off the "Hud" Your crosshair, and such? Thanks again! :!:

Edit!

That was weird. I figured out how to get the darwinian's across, they have to have both Radar dishes aligned. But then i got 1 darwinian across, and it said that i had completed my objective, even though there were no Darwinians's on the solor collectors on that island? :o :shock:

Anywyas, thanks. Now that i've beaten that i'm off to the Yard! :D

Both Dishes don't have to be aligned to travel one way, but you do have to make sure the beam is going the right way to travel. Aligning both dishes makes the beam travel both ways, thus enabling two-way travel.

Wherever your Darwinia.exe is stored, that's where you'll find your screenshots - if you're using the 'P' key to take them.

Default (for Steam users): C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Darwinia
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:07 am

rather, C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[username]\Darwinia
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:10 am

xyzyxx wrote:rather, C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[username]\Darwinia

Whoops - which one of us doesn't use Steam? :D

Edit: That's a lie, too. Damn.

Which one of us is forgetful (and lazy)?
Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:13 am

Yes, i found it. :lol:
So is there a way to take off your HUD when taking a picture? Also, is there any built-in recorder or such, or if i want videos do i have to use Fraps or similar to record it?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:20 am

If you use the Gesture system, there is no interface while playing.

Also, Darwinia has no built-in video feature as far as I know.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:23 am

Ah, thanks. I assume it's changed under Options. Darn, maybe they could include a built-in recorder in a patch, that would be nice, for making movies and such.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:30 am

or you could do what i do - plug your screen2 output into your DVD recorder, high quality game video with no performance hit!
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:32 am

Not everyone owns a DVD recorder.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:36 pm

true, but you could use a video recorder.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:02 pm

How would you then make it available on the internet?

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:41 pm

then do it the other way, record from your video into the video card video in port to hard drive. Takes some time (with a DVD you can just copy obviously) but it gets high quality recordings.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:56 pm

Assuming ofcourse the person has a graphics/video/TV card with a video-in port.

Return to “General”