Can't Be the Generator Level-Can't Power Solar Panels

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:09 pm

martin wrote:then do it the other way, record from your video into the video card video in port to hard drive. Takes some time (with a DVD you can just copy obviously) but it gets high quality recordings.

martin, why do you insist upon making things so difficult. I am on a Mac, and I know that you can use Fraps. For Mac users, I would suggest ASW's SnapzProX 2.

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:20 pm

yes, but fraps only records 640*480 and gives a MASSIVE performance hit, and my system isn't exactly any slouch!

My DDV recorder however can do it at 800*600 with absolutely no performance hit, then I just copy stuff from the DVD-RW to my card drive and record over it.

Montyphy wrote:Assuming ofcourse the person has a graphics/video/TV card with a video-in port.

picky
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:29 pm

martin wrote:
Montyphy wrote:Assuming ofcourse the person has a graphics/video/TV card with a video-in port.

picky

That's not picky, it just is. DVD recorders are no where near being a common household product. VCRs are pretty much obsolete and it can be difficult to get blank tapes. As for video-in, its not all that common on computers.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Yeah, i don't think i have a DVD plug'ed in. =/
I'll just use Fraps, no need to record the thing at full size, it records it at full size and compresses to half, so you just have to play it back at 2x if you want it big. :P

Could make some kick ass movies, with the darwinians and yoru Squads, specialy with a touch of Adobe After Effects. :wink:
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:49 pm

Montyphy wrote:
martin wrote:

picky

That's not picky, it just is. DVD recorders are no where near being a common household product. VCRs are pretty much obsolete and it can be difficult to get blank tapes. As for video-in, its not all that common on computers.

well I know that DVD recorders aren't a household thing, but I wouldn't say videos are obsolete - if you haen't got a DVD or video what have you got?

As for video in ports, well all of our 4 computers have got them so I thoughtthey were a bit more common than that. And you can pick up a cheap card for a tenner with video in.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:20 pm

martin wrote:well I know that DVD recorders aren't a household thing, but I wouldn't say videos are obsolete - if you haen't got a DVD or video what have you got?

I said obsolete not nonexistant. Many electronics stores, like Dixons, no longer have VCRs for sale. You'd find it even harder to find a store with a decent collection of new video releases.

martin wrote:As for video in ports, well all of our 4 computers have got them so I thoughtthey were a bit more common than that. And you can pick up a cheap card for a tenner with video in.

My TV card and my GFX card bother have video in. However the GFX card is brand new and the TVs arent often bundled with computers. From a quick look at the Mac Tower (G5?) under my work desk I saw two no sign of a video in.

Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:16 am

Wait, are you taking about having a Writeable DVD, that you plug into your Video in/out(?) And record it onto a DVD There? I don't have a DVD in my PC, but i do have a DVD that you can play 'em on the TV...?
Also, what does a video In look like, my vide card, had the monitor plug, and a round black one?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:22 am

Lord Ned wrote:Wait, are you taking about having a Writeable DVD, that you plug into your Video in/out(?) And record it onto a DVD There? I don't have a DVD in my PC, but i do have a DVD that you can play 'em on the TV...?

martin has a TV as one of his computer visual displays. Connected to his TV he has a DVD recorder.

Lord Ned wrote:Also, what does a video In look like, my vide card, had the monitor plug, and a round black one?

It will be like the coaxial ports on the back of your TV or VCR. It also sometimes has the word "Video-In" etched on the panel next to it. Alternatively, read your graphics card manual.

Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:07 am

Alternativly, just use Fraps, and compress it with Virtual Dub Mod. :P
Gack, can't figure this out in Uplink, changing someone's degree, so i'm going to go post on the Uplink forums.. -.-
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:11 am

martin doesn't like the performance hit of Fraps though. :wink:

Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:15 am

In which preformances, the quaility of the movie, the quaility of the playback, the size of it, the system resources it uses, in-game, etc.? :P

Anyone play uplink, help me with my topic here: If you wish. :P
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:19 am

Lord Ned wrote:In which preformances, the quaility of the movie, the quaility of the playback, the size of it, the system resources it uses, in-game, etc.? :P

"the size of it, the system resources it uses"

Lord Ned wrote:Anyone play uplink, help me with my topic here: If you wish. :P

Done.

Lord Ned
level1
level1

Postby Lord Ned » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:29 am

Yay, thank you! :D :D :D
Rank went up. (I posted in the thread again)

Hmmn.. What is with the differing Darwinia startups, one time it was a "test" on rendering with 5-6 balls, reflecting a checkboard bottom and such, and another one, made it look like it was error'ed, with "Program: Darwninia" And all aorund it the background was changing and stuff. I LIKE THEM! :D I wanna put that in a Source Mod. (Steam Source)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:32 am

The bootloaders are naturally set to be random. However, if you wanted, you could set it to be none or to be a specific one.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:33 am

Lord Ned wrote:Yay, thank you! :D :D :D
Rank went up. (I posted in the thread again)

Hmmn.. What is with the differing Darwinia startups, one time it was a "test" on rendering with 5-6 balls, reflecting a checkboard bottom and such, and another one, made it look like it was error'ed, with "Program: Darwninia" And all aorund it the background was changing and stuff. I LIKE THEM! :D I wanna put that in a Source Mod. (Steam Source)

Those are the bootloaders. There are several of them. Search the forums for "bootloader."

xander

EDIT: Also http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... php?t=3409 .
Last edited by xander on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”